"Don't you dare say that you are fine, Midoriya."

Midoriya's POV

By now, I knew exactly where I was when I woke up, because I've been in the school infirmary more times than I can count.

The lights were dimmed, and an orange hue was cast upon the room, which told me that it must have been sunrise or sunset.

I hoped it was the first option, but when I looked to my side and saw the electric clock that was pinned to the wall, my stomach dropped, because how could I miss a day of school?

I lifted my head and attempted to sit up, but there was a gentle pressure applied to my chest, and I fell back to the pillows instantly, huffing.

"Are you okay, kid?"

I turned my head and was slightly surprised to see Aizawa beside me, his hero uniform gone and replaced with a dark blue t-shirt and black pants.

I swallowed nervously, trying to smile up at the teacher. "I-I'm f –."

"Don't you dare say that you are fine, Midoriya." He interpreted, slamming his hands on the side of my bed, the action making we flinch and shift away from him subconsciously.

I sniffed and looked down, clenching at the blanket. "I-I'm sorry," tears were quickly entering my eyes, and I lifted a hand to rub them away furiously. "I'm so sorry Sensei!" I cried.

Aizawa must have been shocked, and guilty for scaring me, but he still sat beside me and patted my back, trying to soothe the sobs that escaped my mouth.

"It's okay, problem child," he encouraged, trying – and failing – to give me smile that wasn't freaky. "But we have to talk, and soon."

I nodded, looking out the window and sniffing again. "It's okay, I don't want to waste your time with talking. I know that you're gonna tell me that I pulled the last straw." I muttered, looking up and trying my best not to cry.

Aizawa was silent, as if waiting for me to continue, and I was grateful.

"I know that I'm probably going to be expelled, so don't worry about breaking the news to me, I'll just go back to my dorm and pack my things –."

"Midoriya –."

"I promise I'll be off campus by tomorrow morning," I finished, looking down and wiping my tears. "I guess they were right, I will never be a hero."

There was a rough hand on my shoulder and I was turned harshly, another hand grabbing my chin so that I was forced to look Aizawa in the eyes.

And boy –

Did he look angry.

"Who told you that?" he asked, his grip on my chin tightening, but I oddly found it comforting.

I swallowed, my eyes darting around the infirmary to avoid eye contact.

"N-No one, sensei," I mumbled, slightly embarrassed. "I-I just thought that you wouldn't want to continue teaching me, since I am so weak."

I looked down in shame, knowing that Aizawa knew I was right.

The hand on my chin was removed, and I was pulled into a warm embrace, shock first filling me, because freaking Eraserhead was hugging me. I quickly gripped at his shirt, pulling him closer because Aizawa's hugs were nice, and they reminded me much of my mother's.

"You're right, Midoriya," Aizawa said, and I started sobbing again, because I should have known that I would be expelled. "You are weak, and that's why UA is the school for you, so we can help you get stronger."

I was stunned, and pushed away from Aizawa, shaking my head.

"I-I don't want to be a burden –."

"You're not a burden, Midoriya," he said sternly, shaking my shoulders. "You are an incredible young man, who is going to be the number one hero one day, do you understand me?"

I smiled, because yes, I did, and I was so, so happy that someone believes that I can be a hero, apart from my Mum, and All Might.

And Shouto –

"Wait," I looked around the room frantically, trying to find my lover. "Where is Shouto?"

Aizawa didn't look surprised at my question, but he still raised an eyebrow.

"He should be at the dorms, why?"

I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "He probably blames himself that I did this," I muttered, feeling ashamed. "He was trying so hard to keep me happy, and he would let me set the pace, and oh my god Sensei! He might think that he was too rough last night, or –."

A hand pressing against my mouth shut me up.

Aizawa looked humoured, and huffed a laugh. "I don't want to know about what you and Todoroki do in your free time, Midoriya."

My eyes widened and I felt my face flush red. "Ah! I'm so sorry Aizawa Sensei! I started muttering again –."

"It's okay, kid," he sighed, standing from the bed and walking towards the door. "You're free to go back to the dorms, Recovery Girl had healed you hours ago. We were just waiting for you to wake up."

I nodded, feeling guilty and looking out the window again.

"Oh, and Midoriya," Aizawa called, gaining my attention again. "I'll be checking your arms, and any other place every lunch. I don't want to see you in this infirmary again unless you get hurt in practice or by your quirk."

I hummed, nodding.

"I also want to see you after class tomorrow," he continued, rubbing his face. "I want to know exactly who told you that you can't be a hero, so that I can properly deal with them."

I shook my head, nervous as my anxiety spiked. "N-No, it's really okay, Sensei; you don't have to do that –."

Aizawa turned and gave me a cold, hard look. I swear that I got goosebumps.

"I can and I will," he stated. "You are one of my top students, Midoriya, and I don't want anyone to abuse your dream just because they are – or were – intimidated or felt somewhat threatened by you."

I nodded, knowing that when Aizawa has his mind set to something it would take the human apocalypse to distract him. "Okay, I understand."

Aizawa nodded, humming. "You're an okay kid, Midoriya. You are always so loving and caring towards everyone, even Bakugou, but you need to learn how to love yourself."

I looked down, knowing that loving myself was practically impossible.

"Or," Aizawa continued, swinging the door open. "You need to remember that your classmates and family love you, especially Todoroki, and even Bakugou a little."

I nodded, looking up and smiling brightly at my teacher. "Okay, Sensei! I promise to never forget."

Aizawa nodded, flashing me a smile that wasn't freaky, but full of admiration.

"Good."

And with that, Aizawa left the room, groaning tiredly as he walked down the hallway.

Only a few more chapters left . . .

Please vote and comment!