"Sleep well, Shouto."

Midoriya's POV

I was relieved to be told that Todoroki was okay, and sighed, relaxing slightly.

After the doctor left, Kacchan and I sat down on the couch again, shoulders touching and watching a silly cartoon on the TV quietly.

After a few minutes, Kacchan turned his head and leaned towards my left ear.

"You know," he whispered, trying not to wake up his sleeping friend. "I hope you and Todoroki get married one day."

I blushed madly and sucked in a breath, covering my face with my hands. "I-It's too early for that, Kacchan." I whispered back, my voice coming out as a squeak.

This made Kacchan laugh, and he moved his hand to ruffle my already messy hair. "Yeah, I know, but when it does happen, I better be your best man or I will make your special day a living hell."

I smiled fearfully, but I knew Kacchan would never do that, not with his mother watching.

"Okay Kacchan, I promise that you will be the maid of honour."

Telling by the way his face lit in anger, I knew that if Kirishima wasn't sleeping right now and if they weren't in a hospital, he would have put me six feet under.

Instead, he huffed and turned back to the TV muttering about how I should watch my mouth.

My lips turned upwards in a smile, and I followed his actions, my eyes glued to the small cartoon rooster who was dancing across the screen.

After a few more minutes, there was a knock on the door and Takiki once again greeted us, but instead of checking up on Kirishima, she turned to me with a smile.

"Todoroki's asking for you."

I froze, shocked by the blandness in her voice before smiling brightly.

"Can I see him?" I asked, bouncing in joy. I saw Kacchan smile slightly at my enthusiasm before turning on his heel, walking towards Kirishima and sitting on the bed.

Takiki nodded and walked out of the room, beckoning me to follow her.

I was hot on her heels as I followed her down the hall towards Shouto's room, stopping outside of the door.

She turned to me with another smile, this one sadder. "Make sure you let him take his time, but apart from that, you better get in there before he comes looking for you."

I smiled and thanked her, watching her for a few seconds as she disappeared down the hall.

Taking a breath, I opened the door and walked into the room, smiling when my eyes met Shouto's. He smiled back, causing my heart to fill with warmth.

Without thinking, I rushed towards him, leaving the door open and jumping into his waiting embrace. My momentum caused us to propel backwards and onto the bed, Shouto letting out an 'oof' sound as I slammed into his chest.

The moment I regained myself, I sat up and leaned over him, my hands on his chest and my legs kneeling on either side of his legs. I bent down and cupped his cheeks in my hand, his dimples visible and his lips spread out in a relieved smile.

I smiled back and kissed him, warmth overcoming my features as he kissed back passionately. After a few minutes, which seemed like seconds, we pulled apart, a string of saliva connecting our lips.

I sighed, leaning back and sitting on his stomach, hands on his chest.

"Hey." I breathed, still smiling.

Shouto smiled back, moving his arms to my hips and running them up and down. He opened his mouth and winced, letting out a strangled sound, as he was unable to speak.