"I'm f-fine."

Bakugou's POV

"Todoroki's asking for you."

I instantly smiled when I saw Izuku's face brighten at Takiki's words, shifting backwards so that I don't ruin the mood.

I walked to Kirishima's bedside, sitting next to him and hesitantly taking his hand in mine, not paying attention to the conversation that was taking place at the door.

I looked over Kirishima's slack body. The roots of his hair have grown out and his dyed red hair now has black streaks. He had dark bags under his eyes from his previous lack of sleep, which made his usually tanned face look a lot paler.

I sighed when I heard the door close, relaxing a bit and stroking my thumb across Kiri's hand.

This is all wrong, I thought, removing my hand and standing, my hands now pulling at my hair. It shouldn't be like this.

"What the hell, Katsuki," I groaned, talking to myself and pacing back and forth across the room. "What the hell is wrong with you!"

It was my fault. All of this, from the ice rink to the hospital, was because of me and my big mouth.

This happened because I couldn't hold back my anger for one moment, but that small slip up was all it took to ruin Todoroki's already collapsing mental state, leaving him lying in a hospital bed, unable to go back to the dorms.

Why can't I just shut the hell up?

I instantly regretted the words the moment I saw the look of betrayal on Todoroki's face, and that guilt only deepened when Izuku snapped at me, telling me off because of how unfair I am.

Oh, Izuku, adorable, selfless Izuku.

Izuku, who had just told me hours ago that he wanted to die.

Izuku, who I told to take a swan dive off the roof.

I felt tears enter my eyes, because I am such a horrible person, even to one of my closest friends.

I walked towards the couch and collapsed, curling into the pillows and sobbing furiously. I felt pain in my heart, the feeling making me want to puke, making me want to cut

No. I thought harshly, trying to push away the negative energy.

It didn't work, however, and I found myself reaching for my back pocket, where I always kept a pocket knife. My hands came up with nothing, and I remembered why.

Izuku had caught me cutting during school after following me to the bathroom when I asked if I could be excused . . .

~Flashback~

My heartbeat was thundering against my rib cage, my breathing uneven and my skin sweating. It was a hot day – too hot, and almost instantly after entering the classroom, I shrugged off my school jacket, leaving me in my long sleeve white shirt.

After a while, the heat seemed to grow too intense and I felt severely dehydrated.

Fighting back a headache, I put my hand up tiredly, and asked if I could be excused to the bathroom. After being approved, I quickly rushed out of the classroom, in too deep of a panic that I didn't hear the classroom door open just after I closed it.

I made it to the bathroom and went to the furthest stall next to the back wall. I slammed the door shut and kneeled, trembling and not caring for the dirt and urine on the floor.

I dug my hand into my pocket, pulling out the small red pocket knife that I have had since I was ten. Breathing quickly, I rolled up my left sleeve, my heartbeat ringing in my ears.