"Why are you crying?"

A lot of you guys saw this coming.

Midoriya's POV

The weekend went by quickly and we were now in class, getting ready to eat lunch since the bell just went. Shouto, Kacchan and I walked to the teachers' lounge with Aizawa, who then told us to sit down and eat.

He paid close attention to Shouto and Kacchan the whole time, making sure that they were eating enough food so that they wouldn't get malnourished. Ever since Kacchan told Aizawa about how also skipped many meals a day, just like Shouto, he had been forced to eat his food in the reserved teachers' lounge.

Aizawa had sat him down and they had an hour long conversation about his eating problems, Kacchan missing out on his final class.

I didn't know what had gone down between Kacchan and Aizawa until I was pulled out of class five minutes before the bell, and Aizawa had talked to me about how long I knew about Kacchan and Shouto's condition.

He had scolded me, of course, and he said that it wasn't my fault, the older seeing the obvious guilt in my eyes.

Aizawa must have been lying, because there was no way that this wasn't my fault. If I had just pushed Shouto into eating, the same with Kacchan, then they wouldn't be as bad as they were now.

So, yes, it was my fault, and I'm ashamed that I, a hero in training couldn't save his best friends.

But it wasn't like they were dead, because no, they were both beside me, eating their small portions of food slowly and silently, while I just picked at mine, an unsettling feeling erupting in my stomach.

I stood, and excused myself, saying that I needed to use the bathroom. I went to the bathroom and relieved myself, walking quickly back to the teachers' lounge with heavy thoughts clouding my mind.

However, I didn't think that I would run into Uraraka.

"Oh! Hey Deku-Kun! I was just looking for you!"

I smiled at her, continuing to walk to the teachers' lounge. "Hey, Uraraka! Why were you looking for me?"

She smiled and continued to walk with me. "Well, I was wondering if we should go out together! It's been forever since we've had some fun!"

We were outside the lounge now, and I stopped to face her. "Sure, how many other people are going? Can Shouto come? Kacchan too?"

Uraraka looked uncertain and bouncing on her toes. "Um, I was wondering if it could just be the two of us, you know?"

She was looking so nervous and fearful for my answer, and – oh

Panic flared through me as she stepped closer, her right hand pressing on my shoulder as she pushed me back into the wall. My chest tightened as she slipped her hand into my hair, pulling painfully on the stands, and then suddenly, I was transported to the past, behind the hospital. There were hands on me, pulling me down and gagging my mouth as I tried to scream, tried to hit the man grabbing my waist as I became paralysed –

I took a deep breath, my heart pounding as I blinked the painful memory away. My hands were shaking as I nudged Uraraka off me, the younger girl seeming upset as I pushed her hand off my shoulder and from my hair.

"Um, I'm really sorry Uraraka, but I don't think that we should be doing stuff alone," I said quietly, trying to reject her as kindly and gently as possible because no matter what, she was my friend, but nothing more. "Shouto needs me, and you already know that I'm dating him."

Uraraka's eyes teared, and she sobbed. "O-Okay, Deku," she then turned and ran down the hallway, cries escaping her mouth. "S-See you in class!"

I was ashamed.

I made my best, and first high school friend cry.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, turning away from the hallway and facing the door. "I'm so sorry, Uraraka."

Did I just lose my best friend? Again?

I slowly pushed the door open, and all the heads in the room turned to me, Shouto looking at me in concern.

I raised my hand and wiped my face, and it was then that I realised that I had been crying.

"Izuku?" Shouto called, worried as he stood quickly and walked towards me. "What happened? Why are you crying?"

I just shook my head and sobbed, my breaths irregular as Shouto wrapped his arms around me, pushing my face gently towards his chest. The pain in my chest tightened, and my mind flashed to when I was back into the stranger's grasp, his hands cold and his movements painful as he whispered dirty insults into my ear, his breath grazing down my neck.

"I-I'm sorry, Shouto!" I cried, grasping onto his shirt as I shut my eyes tightly. "It's my fault, it's all my fault!"

Shouto placed his hand on my head, playing with my curls as he hushed me, trying to calm me down before I started hyperventilating.

"Izuku, you need to calm down." He whispered, but his words made me sob harder.

And my stomach growled, because no, I didn't eat breakfast and I haven't had lunch, and last class we had hero training. I didn't sleep last night so I was so, so tired, and way to stressed, so stressed, that I wasn't surprised when Shouto pulled away from me quickly, his eyes in panic as he pinched my nose with his fingers, stopping the steady flow of blood that was now staining my shirt.

And I was dizzy, a part of my brain scolding me, because this is what I get for forgetting to drink water for a day or two.

The panic in Shouto's eyes increased when my knees buckled, and I fell back, Shouto softening my fall as he tightened his arm around my waist and kneeled.

"Sensei!" Shouto yelled, but our teacher was already beside me, snapping his fingers in front of my face as he told me to focus and tell him what's wrong.

But I couldn't.

I was already too far gone by then.

*Internal screaming*

Please vote and comment!