"So you want us to adopt you."

Todoroki's POV

Waking up from sleep was easier than usual, and I found myself smiling softly when I found Izuku snuggled into my chest, his lips grazing my neck as we both breathed slowly.

I lifted my head and caught sight of blonde hair, making me aware that Bakugou decided to stay the night.

Bakugou and I have been mending our relationship, and I now see him as an older brother, who will always be there to protect me. I smiled at the thought of being Bakugou's younger brother, the idea sounding really nice to me.

Actually, it could happen, I realised.

Since Aizawa and the school have joint custody of me, it means I'm still allowed to go on field trips and such. But that's only during school time. Sometimes the dorms are closed over the holidays to remodel and to clean, which means I can't stay here forever.

Maybe, just maybe, I could talk to Bakugou about it and ask him a question I really want to know the answer of.

Will his parents adopt me? Even if it's temporary?

I shook my head, sighing.

No, Bakugou wouldn't like that, and I'd just be more of a burden to him.

I leaned back and closed my eyes, trying to stop the questioning voices in my head.

After struggling to fall back asleep, especially since it was Saturday, I sat up slowly and ran my fingers through my hair, cringing at how oily it was.

Not hesitating, I left the bed and grabbed some clean clothes, which were a pair of light blue skinny jeans that I've never worn and an oversized white hoodie that Izuku gave me for my birthday.

I then grabbed a clean pair of boxers and my towel, walking out the door and closing it quietly behind me, wincing when the door squeaked and a deep groan came from the bed.

I then hurried downstairs and into the boy's shower area, not bothering to be too quiet since it was 3 in the morning, meaning no one in their right mind should be up.

I sighed heavily as the warm water soaked my tensed muscles, loosening them and taking some of the strain out of my neck. I then washed my hair, satisfied that I was finally getting all the grease out of it.

Once I was done, I dried myself and started getting dressed in the changing rooms. I put my hoodie and boxers on, and then my jeans.

My jeans that were somehow way too big for me.

I looked down in shock, and then looked at the size on the jeans to see if it was correct. It was, and my eyes watered when I looked at my legs in the mirror.

Nearly all my muscle mass on my legs were gone, leaving just skin and bone. The same was for my waist, with my hipbones jutting out and my abs gone.

I sobbed and fell to my knees with a thud.

All that hard work, all that training, the abuse . . . was for nothing.

I can never be a hero.

I could feel acid rise in my throat, but I swallowed it down, knowing that Izuku would be sad and disappointed if he found out that I threw up.

Instead, I sat in the corner of my shower stall, sobbing wildly and the jeans thrown to the side carelessly.

I heard a door open and footsteps approach my stall cautiously, my frantic breathing and sobbing giving my location away.

I heard a gentle knock on the door, followed by a gruff voice.

"Todoroki? Are you okay?" 

I didn't answer the question and kept sobbing, feeling like a disgrace.

Eventually, the person got fed up with waiting and opened the door, taking in the sight of how much of a mess I was.

Carefully, Bakugou approached me and kneeled beside me.

"Hey," the blonde said gently, reaching his hand over and placing it on my shaking shoulder. "What's wrong?"

I sobbed and gestured to my side, where the jeans still laid.

Bakugou was quick to understand, and hugged me, letting me cry on his shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay, Todoroki," Bakugou tried to soothe, rubbing my back. "You'll grow back into them once you start training again. Trust me, I've been there."

I looked up at the blonde, searching his red eyes for any hint that he was lying. I came up with nothing.

"If you want, I could help you train. I know some good ways to build up body strength." Bakugou offered.

I sniffed and smiled, pushing away from the teen slightly.

"Y-You would do that? F-For me?" I asked, slightly panicked since he caught me off guard.

"Yeah, it's no problem." He answered kindly, as if talking to a child.

I hugged him again, squeezing him tight. He returned the gesture and was content with staying with me for a few minutes while I got my emotions back together.

"Um, Bakugou?" I said, getting his attention. "Can you go upstairs and get me some black sweat pants? The smallest pair?"

Bakugou nodded and stood, walking out the stall. "Yeah, sure. I'll be back in a minute."

I smiled, happy to have a friend like Bakugou by my side.

Once he came back, he gave me the pants and I instantly put them on, embarrassed to be seen in my weakened state.

Bakugou and I then went to the kitchen. I sat down on one of the wooden stools at the bench while the older teen worked around the kitchen, making us some chocolate and strawberry pancakes. Bakugou made an extra four for Izuku and hid it in the back of the fridge, where he was sure no one was gonna find it.

After we finished eating the pancakes, which tasted like heaven, Bakugou and I sat on the couch with the TV on, the volume muted.

I gathered my courage and turned to face Bakugou, my blue jeans folded neatly on my lap.

"H-Hey, Bakugou?" I asked, playing with the jean's soft fabric.

"Yeah?"

"U-Umm, so I was thinking and since the school only has custody over me during the school terms and semesters, I need someone to take me in over the holidays. . ." I took a breath and continued. "And since it would be weird and illegal for the Midoriya's to take me in since Izuku and I are in a relationship, I was hoping I could turn to you and your parents."

Bakugou nodded, listening closely.

"S-So I was wondering if you're parents could take me in . . ."

I looked up nervously at Bakugou, not sure how he'll react.

"So you want us to adopt you." He confirmed, and I nodded.

Bakugou smiled warmly at me and nodded, taking his phone out of his pocket and dialling a number.

"Okay, I'll see what my parents say."

I nodded, hope blossoming through my chest.

I could barely hear what Bakugou's parents were saying on the other end of the call, but I understood what they were talking about.

Bakugou explained everything to his parents, including my disorders and how my home life was like. After a while, Bakugou said his goodbyes and ended the call, turning to me with a small smile.

"They're gonna come to the school later today to discuss things with the principle and the child services."

I smiled and hugged Bakugou again, tears coming to my eyes as he hugged me back.

And finally, finally, I might have a normal family.

Please vote and comment!

Also, please don't copy my work without my permission. Thanks!