Fire and ice

Midoriya's POV

I woke up at around 5:30 in the morning, the bedroom still dark and humid.

I stretched my hands over my head and sighed, a warm buzzing feeling spreading throughout my shoulders.

I lowered my hands and placed them softly on the red and white hair that covered half my torso, slipping my fingers through its silky form.

Todoroki was still asleep, his face mushed into my stomach and he snored softly. I smiled down at him, my eyes tracing over all his sharp features in the dark.

I reached my right hand under my pillow and pulled out the book that I had begun to read after Lida recommended it to me. I then reached to my side and turned on the bedroom lamp, freezing when I felt Shouto shift in his sleep and turn away from the light. Slowly, I reached for the blanket and pulled it over his form, his hair disappearing.

I then proceeded to open and read my book, smiling as my eyes skimmed over the carefully formatted words.

Around 20 minutes later I was interrupted from my reading by a pained groan and a tug at my shirt.

I slowly put my book down, mentally remembering the page number as I placed it on the bed beside me.

I lifted the blanket and settled my cool hand over his warm forehead, frowning when I saw beads of sweat crawling down his face. Shouto moaned again and thrashed against me, pushing away from me and giving off a strangled yelp.

I quickly sat up and threw the rest of the covers off of us, disposing them on the floor.

"Hey," I whispered softly, cradling Shouto's head in my lap. "Hey, it's okay, Shouto."

Suddenly a burst of red-hot flames shot out of his left side, a strangled cry going with it.

On reflex, I pushed Shouto away from me and tumbled to the floor, my wrist smacking against the side-table painfully.

I blinked and looked up from my dazed state, my body trembling when I felt the sting of fresh burns across my waist. I cried out when I saw that half the bed was on fire, my book turning to ash.

Shouto still laid on the bed, sweating and shaking furiously.

"Shouto!" I yelled, standing up quickly despite the pain, and lunged towards the flames.

I reached and pulled him off the bed, both of us falling to the floor.

I quickly recovered and coughed, the smoke thicker now and the fire alarms blaring. I sat up on my knees and pushed Shouto onto his back, slapping him across the face.

"Shouto! Wake up!" I slapped him again. "Wake up! Use your ice. Shouto, use your ice!"

Finally, Shouto groaned and instantly coughed, blinking awake.

"Izu – ." He erupted into coughs, me falling to the same fate.

"Use – ," I coughed again, and could distantly hear shouts coming from the hallway. "U-Use your ice . . ."

The smoke was becoming too thick, and I could hardly breathe. Shouto caught me as I suddenly collapsed from the pain, and held me weakly to his chest.

"C-close your eyes," Shouto said weakly. "Close them, I-Izuku."

I did as he told me to, struggling to fight off unconsciousness as the heat grew intensely.

I felt Shouto hold me closer, and then everything seemed to freeze.

My face felt numb and the burning heat changed to biting cold.

And suddenly, I succumbed to the overwhelming darkness.

Todoroki's POV

When I woke up, all I could feel was the stinging lick of flames and a hand roughly slapping my face.

"Shouto! Wake up!" I get slapped again. "Wake up! Use your ice. Shouto, use your ice!"

Use my ice? Why? What happened? Are we being attacked? Why is it suddenly so hot?

I snapped open my eyes, feeling the sting of tears running down my cheeks as I suddenly coughed, choking.

"Izu – ." I coughed again, my chest heaving and vomit rising in my throat.

"Use – ," Izuku coughed again, and in the distance I could faintly hear shouts coming from the hallway. "U-Use your ice . . ." he struggled to say.

The smoke was becoming too thick for both of us, and I could tell that Izuku could hardly breathe.

Suddenly, he began to fall, and I caught him and desperately clenched him to my chest.

"C-close your eyes," I said weakly, feeling the flames lick my shoulders. "Close them, I-Izuku."

He did as I told him to, and I subconsciously held him closer.

I let out a shaking breath, and then snapped my eyes to the ceiling.

I was blinded by the temperature drop as I let my right side loose, my power covering every inch of the room until the ice began to hang off the walls and roof in icicles.

I suddenly felt overwhelmed by the power use, and fell to the ground, my cheek freezing against the frozen floor.

Just before I finally let my eyes close, a small snowflake drifted and fell onto my outstretched right hand, which was covered with ice crystals.

Letting out a fogging breath, my mind slipped to another world.   

Hey guys!

For all those Bakudeku shippers out there, I just wanted to let you know that I have another story (a one-shot) on Wattpad that I wrote which is based on Bakugou's and Midoriya's relationship.

It's called 'The Cliffside'.

I hope you enjoy!