Silence

Bakugou's POV

The moment I stepped into the classroom, I knew that something was wrong.

Was it the absence of a certain green-haired boy?

Yes.

Was it because instead of Aizawa teaching it was Mrs Midnight?

Definitely.

I knew. I knew straight away that something was wrong, because if Aizawa wasn't here then he was with Todoroki, and he would only be with Todoroki and skip class if something had happened, something bad.

"Bakugou!" Midnight yelled, gaining my attention from where I was looking out the window. "Pay more attention."

I nodded and looked down, not commenting on the way my classmates eyed me, especially a certain someone.

Kirishima looked at me worriedly, and I knew that he was thinking the exact same thing as I was.

What the hell is going on?

I shook my head and sighed, wanting to get the day over and done with so that I can go to the hospital, and figure out exactly what happened.

As always, my patience was thin and I kept zoning out, which resulted to me not learning anything once the school day was over. I scowled to myself as I stood to pack my things, because instead of wasting my time here, I could be at the hospital helping Izuku and Todoroki.

I didn't hesitate to leave the classroom once we were dismissed, and ran down the halls towards the dorms, not caring for the no running rule which I'm sure Lida will scold me about later. Oh well, might as well get away while I can.

I didn't stop running until I was secure inside my dorm, rushing to throw my bag onto my bed and tug my school shirt and pants off. I quickly changed into comfortable clothes, which included a hoodie and some loose jeans, completed with my orange and black running shoes.

Grabbing my phone from my bag, I left my room and ran towards the elevator, my foot tapping on the floor while I waited for it to come.

Once it came, I hurried inside and pressed for the ground floor, my mind fogging over with dark thoughts.

What if something happened to Todoroki? To Izuku? I thought, swallowing. What if Todoroki died and I wasn't there to help?

Tears were clouding my vision as I ran outside of the dorms, not looking where I was going.

Obviously, I ran into someone.

And that someone just happened to be Midnight.

"Bakugou," she began, kneeling beside me from where I had fallen. "Aizawa called me after class and said I should find you. He wants me to take you to the hospital."

I sniffed and rubbed my eyes, a scowl on my face as I stood weakly.

"Y-Yeah," I stuttered, not making eye contact with her as I dusted myself off. "I was just heading there."

Midnight didn't say anything, and just nodded, understanding that right now wasn't the best time to ask questions.

"Well, come on, then," she sighed, turning and walking towards an expensive-looking dark purple car. "We better get going."

I nodded and followed her, sitting in the passenger front seat and staring out the window the whole ride, knowing that if I looked at Midnight she would start a conversation that I wouldn't want to be a part of.

Sometimes, silence is okay.

And it was definitely silent when I stepped into Todoroki's hospital room ten minutes later, the bi-coloured boy unconscious and pale.