JackCrutchie- Love's Gone

Hello! This one shot was requested by _Honey-Suckle_ so I hope you and everyone else enjoy this one shot.

Edited: 6/19/20
~~~~~

Crutchie's POV

I've known my best friend, Jack Kelly, for a very long time. We basically know everything about each other and we're never seen apart. The bad part of this is that I caught mad feelings for my best friend. He doesn't know this, of course, but I wish he did. There's this boy that we see walking around everyday and sometimes selling papes. I think his name is Davey, but Jack is always swooning over him and it hurts me.

"Hey Crutchie! Isn't Davey the prettiest person you've seen," Jack swoons while he draped an arm on my shoulder.

"You're prettier," I mumbled under my breath.

"What?" Jack asks confused.

"Nothing," I say and look away.

Jack's POV

I heard what Crutchie said, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't hearing things correctly. He said I was "prettier," I think. He probably said something else because 1. Crutchie's not gay and 2. He wouldn't be gay for me. Would he?

Crutchie's POV

I would like to tell Jack about my feelings, but he's so in love with Davey, he wouldn't return the feeling. I was currently sitting in the lodging house with Elmer, Race, and Romeo.

"Crutchie, you ok?" Romeo asks while he, Elmer,
and Race look at me.

"Not really," I simply state and sigh.

"What's wrong with our happy-go-lucky Crutchie?" Race asks which earns a laugh from Elmer and Romeo and, also, a slight laugh from me.

"Promise not to tell anyone?" I ask while Race, Romeo, and Elmer make a zipping their lips motion.

"Well, I sorta have a crush on Jack, but he's so madly in love with Davey," I say and sigh once again.

"Aw, our Crutchie has a crush," Elmer says while he stands up, sits on the bed next to me, and hugs my shoulders.

"Well, since we're admitting things to each other, might as well admit something. Um, I kinda have a crush on Albert," Race says while Romeo, Elmer, and I look at him.

"Are we supposed to be shocked or surprised?" Romeo asks.

"You already knew?" Race asks genuinely confused.

"Yea, it's pretty obvious," I state while Romeo, Elmer, and I laugh.

"You guys are meanies," Race says jokingly and laughs.

"Hey! You four, get back to work," Jack commands to us and walks away.

"You sure you like him?" Race asks while Romeo picks up my crutch. Romeo stands back up and slightly smacks Race's shoulder. I grab my crutch and start waddling towards the door.

"Hey Crutchie! Wait for us," Race says while he, Elmer, and Romeo speed walk to me.

"You guys know I'm not that fast, right?" I ask which made them all laugh.

"Hey Crutchie," Jack says coming over to me.

"You ready for more gushing over Davey?" Romeo asked which made us all laugh.

"We'll be over there," Race says and points to a building with boxes in front of it.

"Ok," I simply say while they walk away.

"Yea Jack?" I ask, preparing my self to be crushed by Jack swooning over Davey.

"I really want to ask Davey to be my boyfriend, but I don't know how," Jack says and shrugs.

"I don't know if you guys have been talking long enough to become boyfriends," I simply state, wishing I didn't say that.

"Well, who else would I ask, that I've been talking to for a long time?" Jack asks getting in my face a little.

"Me," I mumble, but Jack still hears me.

"Ew, we've been best friends forever, that would just ruin our friendship," Jack states and I feel my eyes start to water.

"Well, if you just crush my heart like that, I don't think we're really good friends, are we?" I ask, starting to cry and limping over to Romeo, Elmer, and Race. Elmer's the first to notice me and comes up to hug me. I hold on tightly to him and cry into his shoulder. Race comes up and joins the hug. On the other side of me, I feel Romeo hugging me. These guys are always so supportive of me and I'm thankful for them.

"Do I need to kill Jack for you?" Race asks as a joke.

"N-No, don't kill anyone," I say while I lift my head from Elmer's shoulder.

"Crutchie," Romeo says and I turn my head towards him.

"You don't need or deserve him. You're way better than him," he says while I limp over to him and hug him. He hugs back and rests his chin on my head. I place my chin on Romeo's shoulder and see Davey and Jack talking. Then I saw something that made my heart sink into my stomach. Jack kissed Davey on the lips, right in front of me. I buried my face into Romeo's chest and started crying again.

"What happened?" Romeo mumbles to Elmer.

"Jack and Davey kissed," Elmer mumbled back and I cried more. I felt Romeo rubbing my back and Race and Elmer joining the hug.

"I shouldn't be crying this much," I say pulling away from Romeo and wiping my tears with my hands.

"No, Crutchie, it's ok. It's good to cry," Romeo reassures me.

"I'm going to Albert," Race says while Romeo, Elmer, and I "aw"

"Again, you guys are meanies," Race says while walking to Albert.

"I'm going to go.... somewhere," Romeo says and wanders off.

"I'm staying here with you," Elmer says and smiles at me.

"Thanks El," I say and smile back at him. He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back.

"I'm glad we're friends," I say and smile widely.

"I'm glad we're friends too," Elmer says and hugs me tighter.

"Hey Crutchie," someone says and I look to see that it's Jack.

"Huh?" I ask him.

"I'm sorry that I was rude to you about liking me. I just thought it would be weird because we're really close friends and it would be strange," Jack apologized and sighed.

"Yea, yea. I get it," I say sadly and frown.

"Also, I don't know if you saw, but I kissed Davey and I'm sorry that I did it, I guess, in front of you," Jack apologized once again.

"Yea," I simply say, getting sadder. Elmer hugs me tightly from the side. Just Elmer's hug makes me feel happier.

"Hug?" Jack asks while I hear Elmer quietly hiss.

"It's ok El," I say while patting his hand. Elmer let go of me sadly. I somewhat stand up and Jack hugs me. I hug him back and I sigh slightly. We pull away, then I sit down and Elmer hugs me again.

"Are you and Davey dating?" I ask while side hugging Elmer.

"Yep! You wouldn't believe it. He actually asked me to be his boyfriend," Jack beams and smiles widely.

"That's great," I say, trying to act happy.

"I'm gonna go back to Davey. I'm glad we made up," Jack says while smiling at me and then running to Davey.

"At least we made up," I say and shrug while Elmer nods.
~~~~~~
Hello everyone. So, I thought that Crutchie, Race, Elmer, and Romeo would all be friends because they're cuties 😂 and would seem friendly to each other. I honestly think Elmer and Crutchie would be great friends. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this one shot. Bye!