Elmer x Buttons- Study Buddies

Hello everyone! This one shot was requested by _Honey-Suckle_ so I hope you and everyone else enjoys this one shot!

Edited: 6/20/20
~~~~~
Elmer's POV

I'm currently sitting on my bed, waiting for Buttons to get here so we can have our teaching session. Yes, it is basically tutoring, but if I say tutoring it makes me feel stupider than I already am. You see, I need help reading. I hate to admit it, but it's true. Buttons helps me with reading, I help him with math, it's basically how we pay each other. I hear a knock at the door and I stand up. I walk downstairs and open the door to see Buttons.

"Hiya Buttons," I say and smile while he looks down.

"Wow," he mumbled under his breath while I follow his gaze and realize my button-up is unbuttoned all the way.

"I'm sorry Buttons. It's just.... it's summer and," I say trying to button my shirt quickly, but Buttons puts his hand on my hand and stops me.

"It's fine. Keep it like that," Buttons says and smiles widely at me.

"Only some," I say leaving three buttons unbuttoned.

"Fine?" I ask and look at him quizzically.

"Better then fine," he says staring at my chest.

"Buttons, let's actually do work, like you came over here to do," I say and slightly push him.

"Fine, fine," Buttons says while he follows me to my room. I'm fine with talking, it's just with reading I'm bad.

"Okay, so I got you this sheet, so can you try and read it in your head and tell me if you need help?" Buttons ask while I nod. I look down at the paper and I can't focus. There's too many words and I start to feel dizzy, for some reason.

"El?" Buttons asks while my head is still spinning.

"I can't do it Buttons! I can't!" I yell, starting to sob uncontrollably and Buttons embraces me in a hug. Buttons pulls me in his lap and starts to rock me back-and-forth.

"Hey, not everyone is good at everything. You know what I'm not good at," Buttons comforts me.

"Math," I say, pulling away from the hug and wiping a tear while Buttons laughs.

"See, reading's not your strong suit and math isn't my strong suit, but we're here to teach each other," Buttons says while I smile.

"Thanks Buttons," I say and hug him once again.

"No problem El," he says and hugs me back.

"Now, will you learn reading? For me?" Buttons asks once he's pulled away from the hug and placing his hand on my thigh and the other holding my back.

"Yea," I say and smile at him while I put my hand on top of his. I get off of his lap and sit back in my chair.

~Time Skip to after Elmer is reading because I don't know what to write for it~

"See? You're doing way better," Buttons says to me while I smile widely.

"Now you get to be smart now," I say while Buttons groans and my face flushes a little. Buttons grabs a math worksheet that he has and puts it between us.

"Ah yes, proportions," I nod while I look at the first problem.

"Do you want me to help you with the first one, then you try the next on your own?" I ask while Buttons nods.

"You see it's the fraction, then you cross multiply, like," I grab his pencil and circle the cross multiplication.

"So, do you know what this would be?" I ask, pointing to the cross multiplication with the variable.

"10c?" Buttons asks, examining the problem.

"Yes, then you multiply these two, then divide ten on both sides," I say while Buttons looks at me like I've gone crazy.

"Okay, okay. What's seven times ten?" I ask while Buttons thinks.

"Eighty?" Buttons asks, confused as ever.

"No, what's eighty subtracted by ten?" I ask.

"Seventy?" Buttons asks, once again.

"So, your answer is?" I ask, waiting for him to answer.

"Seventy?" Buttons ask while I nod.

"Seventy divided by ten is seven," Buttons says, gaining a bit of confidence.

"Correct! So c equals seven," I say while Buttons writes it.

~Time Skip to after Buttons is being big brain in math™️ 😂~

I'm currently lying on my bed with my arms above my head, which makes my shirt come up and shows my stomach. Buttons is putting away his math stuff then turns towards me.

"Have you ever been kissed before?" Buttons asks out of the blue.

"No," I say and turn my head to look at him.

"Can I be the first person you kiss?" Buttons asks and smirks at me.

"Sure, why not," I say as the blush on my cheeks grows. Buttons stands up, walks over to me, and sits on my bed. He leans down and kisses me while I immediately kiss back. I sit up, still kissing him, and pull myself closer to him. Buttons puts his hands up my shirt and starts tracing circles on my stomach with his thumbs. Buttons pulls his lips away from mine and smirks at me.

"May I?" Buttons asks and points to my neck.

"Yes," I say and nod slightly and smiled. Buttons kisses my neck and my smile grows. Buttons tries to unbutton my shirt, but I grab his wrist.

"Buttons, please no," I beg him.

"Why, what's wrong?" Buttons asks, pulling his lips away from my neck.

"I don't like having my shirt off in front of people," I say while Buttons gives me a confused look.

"I'm insecure," I say while Buttons gets the look of realization on his face.

"Elmer, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you. This is all my fault," Buttons rambles on.

"No Buttons," I say and grab his face. "I loved you kissing me. I love you," I say while Buttons smiles at me.

"Can I kiss you again then?" Buttons asks while his smile turns into a smirk.

"Yes please," I say while Buttons collides his lips with mine. I run my fingers through Buttons hair while he is holding onto my waist like I might leave him. I pull away from the kiss while Buttons looks at me.

"Cuddles?" I ask while smiling innocently and Buttons laughs.

"I can't say no to this face," Buttons says while he pinches my cheeks and I smile. We lay down on the bed and get into our cuddling position. I rest my head on Buttons chest while he peppers kisses on my head.

"Thanks for helping me with reading, Buttons. I love you," I say while I feel Buttons smile against my head.

"You're welcome El. Thanks for helping me with math. I love you too," he says lifting his face off my head to talk, but back on my head after he's done talking.

"You're welcome," I say, smiling because I'm in Buttons arms and he is the person I love the most.
~~~~~~
Hello everyone! This was, once again, requested by the amazing _Honey-Suckle_ !
So I hope you and everyone enjoyed this one shot. Anyway, bye!