Jojo x Elmer- Helpful Friends

Hello! This one shot was requested by Coconut2019 so I hope you and everyone else enjoys this one shot!

Edited: 6/20/20
~~~~~
Elmer's POV

I'm just casually selling papes when someone runs up to me. I turn my head and see that it is Jojo.

"Hey Jojo. What's wrong?" I ask while I see Jojo's eyes water and I frown.

"I don't want to cry," Jojo says while I hug him. He hugs me back and rests his head on my chest. We stay in our hug for a couple minutes before we pull away.

"I'll tell you when we're done selling papes," Jojo says and walks away.

"Okay," I whisper and give a thumbs up.

"Hello sir," I hear and turn my head towards the voice.

"Hello ma'am. Would you like to buy a pape?" I say and smile at her.

"Yes please," she said while I grabbed a pape for her.

"I noticed you hugging one of your friends," the lady, that looks about Jack's age, states.

"Were you standing there for a while? I'm sorry," I quickly apologize.

"Oh no, it's fine," she says and smiles at me.

"You two would be cute together," she says while I look at her.

"Hi, I'm Sarah Jacobs and I'm 17, I thought I should introduce myself so you didn't think I was some creep," Sarah says and I gasp.

"Jacobs as in Davey and Les are your brothers?" I ask getting excited.

"Yep! Are you Elmer?" Sarah asks and I nod.

"Davey says that you're his favorite Newsies, but he didn't want me to tell you so you didn't hear anything from me," Sarah says while I get happy.

"I'm Davey's favorite?" I ask then I start jumping up and down.

"I can tell why you're his favorite, you seem like a great person," Sarah says while I smile.

"Some Newsies say I'm annoying sometimes because I 'don't act my age and I'm not mature' sometimes," I say while using air quotes and shrugging.

"Well, I think it's good to not act your age sometimes," Sarah says and smiles.

"I should go now, bye Elmer," Sarah says while grabbing her pape, giving me money, and walking away.

"Bye Sarah," I say and wave. I continue to sell my papes until Jack comes up to me.

"Hey Elmer," Jack says while I turn towards him and we smile at each other.

"Hiya Jack!" I say and wave.

"I was wondering if you'd like to come to Jacobi's with us, us as in all the Newsies," Jack says while I nod.

"Yea sure, I'll come," I say and smile.

"Well, we're all leaving now, so are you ready?" Jack asks me.

"Actually, can I ask you something real quick?" I ask him while he looks worried.

"Yea, sure. What's up?" Jack asks while I gulp.

"Do you ever think I'm annoying or immature?" I ask and tears well up in my eyes.

"Of course not. Youse is one of my best friends," I know that he's telling the truth because he only says "youse" when he's telling the truth.