chapter 7

This is my second update today.
Please vote and share💖💖

I'm leaving for home tomorrow, it's finally the end of the session, we are so excited, I called my mom last week and informed her about my coming and she booked a flight for me, and sent me the receipt through my Gmail account, left for me to get my ticket at the airport. I decided to call my brother saif, "bro!! I'm going home tomorrow," I told him on phone after we exchanged salaam, "alright tiny sis, I will be home too next week Insha Allah (by God grace)" he said, "saif what are you bringing for me, shoe, bag, necklace, if its shoe, I want the latest Balenciaga sneaker, if its bag, channel will do, and if its necklace, it should be silver plated with bunch of chocolates" I was blabbering and he chuckled the whole time, I miss you bro, "I miss you too tiny sis, see you next week okay and safe trip" he said, "alright bro bye," I said smirking even though I know he can't see it, "bye babe" he said and hanged up.

***
I started packing my luggage, while listening to lemonade album by Beyoncé, I need everything to be ready before evening because, Malika, Zoya and Amber and I will be going for shopping later and then watch movie tonight, before departing tomorrow, my flight leaves by 10:00am, my mom and morning flights, she obviously hates me, she knows I'm not a morning person, why booked 10am flight for me, I mentally face palmed myself, it's 2pm we went to al-dusar shopping complex, I picked pack of eraser with emoji design on them, safina will certainly love them, I picked pack of chocolates, bounty, snickers, Oreo biscuit, two Arabian oud perfumes for my mom and dad, they scents nice, Zoya assisted me in choosing them, my mom is a perfume freak, and a girlish pink perfume for safina, and picked pack of marshmallow for myself, Zoya picked same things, while Amber and Malika were busy taking selfies of themselves, unsure if they even pick anything, after what feels like a decade, we went to the cashier to pay our bills and headed back to hostel, I ordered 3max box of pizza for the movie night, on our way. We were so exhausted, they performed Asr prayer before me, I showered before I finished praying they were already sleeping, "like seriously" I said to myself surprised, I placed what I bought into my trolley and laid down to sleep, my phone started ringing, it was a call that my order is at the gate, unlucky me! I muttered to myself and I dashed off to the gate to get it.

***
It's time to watch movie and we were clueless on what to watch, it's like me and Malika were the only ones interested in the movie, Zoya and Amber can be so annoying at times, "lets watch "the after party, a Netflix movie" I suggested, Zoya was busy pressing her phone, and I felt like punching her in the face, Amber was zooming on some damn picture on her phone, "lets watch the after party then, Malika said, "what are we watching here?" Zoya asked out of nowhere still concentrated on her phone, I threw a pillow at her and she did same to me, "that hurts motherfucker" I cursed and threw the pillow back at her, Malika threw another one at Amber, "what in the fuck are you zooming asshole". Malika cursed sneering at Amber "and this is going to be fun!" Amber smirked and hit Malika with another pillow, we started throwing pillows at each other, the room was filled with laughter, while we had a playful pillow fights, "let eat some pizza bitches" I said, "now you're making sense babe" Amber said, we ate pizza, and dozed off while watching the movie.

**
It morning, we did our morning routine, and prepare to leave, we had a group hug, and bid each other farewell, and were literally in tears when Zoya dad's driver came to pick her up she's from Kano state, few hours' drive from katsina, Amber and Malika flight leaves by 4pm to Lagos, they both stays there but from different areas, so they have to stay back till then.
I reached the airport by 9am, collected my ticket and checked in my luggage, I was waiting for boarding when my dad called, we exchanged salaam and he wished me a safe trip, " the driver will be at the airport to pick you up" he said and hanged up, wanted to tell him not to bother, I could just board a taxi but you don't object my dad, we and our dad barely interrelate, he was always busy and hardly stays at home, he's hardworking, loving and caring but a bit strict, so we are closer to our mom more than him, he loves us so much and gave us everything we need, and me and Saif bank account was never empty, winks.
I was lost in my thought when my flight number was called for boarding.

***
we arrived at Nnamdi Azikiwe international Airport, Abuja by 11am, the cool breeze hits my face, and it feels so good I got my luggage and drag it to the Arrival, to wait for our driver, he was probably held in traffic, I thought to myself, after some minutes, I heard a familiar voice calling my name, I turned around, and it was Suleiman, our driver. "good morning Mr. Suleiman" I greeted him, "morning, welcome Sabina, how was your trip" he asked all smiles, "it was fine Alhamdulillah," I said while he dragged my box to the airport's parking lot where he packed the car, I sat in the backseat and he drove off.
We reached home by 1pm, we spent 1 and half hour in traffic, I was exhausted and famished , I knocked at the door and it was opened by Amina, I was welcomed by the scent of humrah (smoke perfume) in the house, obviously my mom's work, kanuri tribes are known to be perfume freaks and my mom is a living prove, I missed home, "salaam-alaikum" I said while pulling off my sneaker, "Walaikum-salaam, welcome Aunty Sabina" Amina our housemaid said and carried my bags upstairs, I find it pretty uncomfortable that she calls me Aunty, she's way older than I am, but that's my mum's rule, safina ran to me and hugged me tight and I hugged her back, I missed her scent "welcome Sabina, I missed you so much" she said in her tiny voice, I can't breathe baby girl" I managed to stay out of her tight grip and we both grinned, "Sabina Ammy(mum) changed my wardrobe, I'm going to give you a tour, she started blabbing while I walked into the house, everything looks the same, I missed home so much, safina was still blabbing how she's going to give me a tour of her room, when I cut in, "where's Ammy" I asked her she probably didn't know I'm home, "she is in her room upstairs" she said and I went to greet her, "salaam-alaikum" I entered, she was sitting on her bed "Ammy!!! I'm home," I whimpered "oh my baby girl come here" she spread her arms and I hurried and hugged her, "you've lost so much weight my baby, she said while still holding me, I only pouted, "go freshened up and go downstairs to eat, I prepared your favorite dish, white rice and catfish pepper soup" she said letting go of me, "are you serious Ammy! My face lights up, I will be down in a minute, I said while dashing out of her room, to my room, for a minute I forgot I was tired, I came to the dining in my red track pant and a white crop top after I showered and prayed zuhr, my mom set up the table with Amina assisting her, the aroma of the food was so mouthwatering and I can't wait to eat, I called Zoya and she said she reached home safely, Malika number is off, and amber's not available, it's probably network, we were eating when safina leaned to my side, "you haven't checked my room yet, I rolled my eyes, "she just came back, let her rest so you can give her a proper tour okay" mom said, and she nodded, mom just saved me, else safina won't let me rest ever, I finished eating and went to my room to sleep, my sweet bed, it's been eighth months and I missed it, I couldn't come home after first semester because second semester continued, though I wasn't around but my room was neat and organized, obviously my mom asked the maid to always keep my room clean, I laid down and sink into dream world.

"Alright, sab, let the tour begin" safina said jolting to her room while holding my hand, and dragging me behind her, she woke me up for this, I thought and I rolled my eyes, she let me sit on her bed while she brought out several things from her closet, pairs of shoes, pink ballerina shoe, canvas, bow sandals, I lost count, two pink ball gowns, mini purses, shorts, rainbow hairbands and teddy bears "oh my God, Ammy bought all this for you!!' I said amazed, "yes sab and there are still lot more" she said heading back to her closet, "no safina, I have seen enough, I will get jealous if I see more" I said grimacing feigning hurt, "bring your iPad let's face time Saif" I told her, and she did.
"hello devils" Saif said waving at us, we chatted for several minutes, before he dropped the call, and he said he's coming home two days from now.
My mom walked in looking for safina, maybe, "I thought you were asleep Sabina," she said, "I am supposed to but here I am having a tour with your daughter" I said smirking at safina.
And oh Ammy I got something for you guys, I said and went to my room to get my trolley, I came back to my mom's parlor, they were watching a show with safina in her laps, I gave her the perfume I got for her, and she was very happy, and here's one for Ahbi, "thanks baby girl" she said all smiles, I gave safina a box filled with goodies, "you can go have another tour in your room but alo- "she was already upstairs with her box before I could finish, Me and my mom just shake our heads and concentrated on the movie.

You didn't vote right?
Oya vote now plsss😊😊💖