chapter 11

Sabina POV

Before me, Zoya and amber got outside, Malika was gone, she took taxi probably, Zoya went back inside and gave Hanif his car keys, we stopped another taxi and drove to the house, many questions were going through my head and only Malika and Ahyan can answer them, "were they lovers or still dating? Exes?, if not how on earth would she react that way and Ahyan's face, is he a ghost or something, oh no" I was still lost in my thought, and didn't realize we were home, amber paid the taxi and we entered our house, Malika was nowhere to be found, we checked their room, kitchen, everywhere but she was not home, "can someone tell me what's going on here please, I'm confused" amber broke the silent, "why are you asking me, we were there together" Zoya said smirking at amber, I fell to the ground.
Zoya called Malika several times but she didn't pick up, I called Ahyan but he didn't pick up either, and it's driving me crazy, "alright let me call Zain, she could have gone there probably" Zoya called Zain but he said she aren't with him, "I think I'm the one going crazy here" Zoya said thumping her head, I got up and went to my room, locking the door behind me, Zoya and amber knocked the door several times but I asked them to go away and leave me alone "alright Zoya, it's like I have been chased out of my room" amber said giving up, "and my roommate is out of town, welcome to Barbie world" Zoya said sarcastically gesturing her to enter their room, with pink décors all over.
I couldn't sleep last night, several questions were bustling my head, and I need answers as soon as possible, and Ahyan not picking my calls is not helping at all, I brushed my teeth, bathed, prayed and changed into a casual outfit and came to the parlor, amber and Zoya were eating fried yam with egg sauce, "I'm going out" I said and walked out of the house, luckily I saw a napep(tricycle), because you bare see napep(tricycle) here, I took the tricycle to Ahyan's house, mentally preparing myself for answers, I'm not sure I want to hear, I was lost in my thought when I felt my phone vibrating in my jean's pocket, it's Kamila "Sabina what happened last night, Malika was here, and she won't tell me a thing" Kamila said over the phone, "where is she right now" I asked, "she said she's going back to the house and left" Kamila said, "alright babes thank you, we will talk later "I said and hanged up, it's a relief that she's fine, I whispered to myself, "we are here miss" the driver said I paid him and came down in front of Ahyan's apartment, it's a huge self-contained building, too noble for a student, but rich kids problem you know.

I knocked at the door but the door was opened by her, leaving me stunned, m-a-lika I stammered.

****

I started taking steps backward, in a minutes I started running away, my heart was ripping apart, yes my instincts were right, they were dating, is that why Malika never gets to meet Ahyan? Ahyan knew we were roommates and best friends? Many questions were running through my mind, I sat down on a bench under a tree not far from Ahyan's, I need to get my thoughts together, when I heard a car horn, "come in" Hanif said and I got into his car, he drove to a coffee shop nearby and he ordered coffee for us, "you want to eat something" Hanif asked and I remembered I didn't have breakfast yet, I'm not hungry Hanif, thanks, he's Ahyan's best friend how am I so sure they aren't in it together, "you want to talk about it?" Hanif asked me and I said not now "Ahyan is a nice guy, you two should try and talk things out okay" Hanif said and I just nodded uhm "Hanif can you take me to school's hostel" I asked him, I don't want to face amber and Zoya right now, telling them I saw Malika at Ahyan's, doesn't make sense, "alright Sabina" he said and drove to Kamila's hostel.

****

"wait girl, I don't get, Malika and Ahyan dating? Unbelievable" Kamila said with her arms crossed and mouth opened, "I don't know mila, but that's what it seems like, Ahyan won't pick my calls, Malika left home, okay she was here, but I saw her right in Ahyan's house, mila, what else could that possibly mean" I said to Kamila already in tears. "it's okay Sabina, everything will be okay" Kamila said comforting me, have you eaten, you looked pale, I made catfish paper soup, will be right back" Kamila said, I faked a smile and she went to the kitchen.

My phone buzzed and it was a message from Ahyan, "meet me at orange, it's a desert's shop outside school" I picked my hoodie and dashed to the door, "Sabina where are you going to?, your soup is here" Kamila yelled after me "I will be right back mila" I said slamming the door behind me, my heart was beating in my chest like a fist at a door, I just want to see Ahyan, he needs to answer my questions, and why of all people he chooses to date my best friend, I entered the shop and saw him sitting, his head facing down, he looked distressed and I just want to go and hug him, but I need to stay strong, I sat down and he raised his head, his face was definition of frustration, "Sabina I need you to listen to me" he said "he calls me Sabina now instead of babes, I felt a pang in my chest, "Malika is my cousin" he said leaving my eyes widen.
"Wh--at do you me-an by that" I said spluttered in confusion.
He continues "we had a thing back then when she was in high school, I was awaiting my admission then, so I went to Lagos, she's my uncle's daughter, I was willing to marry her since our religion permits it but I later realized she is not the type of girl I want Sabina, but I don't feel anything for her anymore I promise, you are the only one in my heart now Sabina, I LOVE YOU SABINA" he explained " but why was she in your house earlier" I asked almost in whippers, "after everything, I left lagos without telling her anything, I never pick her calls and when she saw me last night, she asked ahmad to take her to my place,his morning, she wants me and her to work things out again, but trust me Sabina, that will never happen, I will never leave you for anybody babe" Ahyan said and I grabbed my phone and stood up to leave, he got up and held my hand from behind, I stood there for a moment and released my hand from his grip and walked out, with tears Rollin down my cheeks.

Ahyan POV
Sabina grabbed her bag and walked out too, followed by Zoya and amber, "what's happening here G" Hanif asked and I turned back and walked out, I entered my car and drove home, all I could think of was Sabina, what must be going through her mind? Why was Malika with Sabina? When did Malika get here? She was in this school and no one told me, I never picked her calls so? I entered my house and locked the door, Sabina, Malika and Hanif kept calling but I ignored, especially Sabina I don't have the courage to talk to her yet, its morning, I woke up prayed and bathed, I was making coffee when I heard a knock at the door, my heart started pounding, could it be Sabina, I rushed to the door and opened the door, it was her, Malika! She entered and closed the door, her next move startled me, she hugged me "Sani I miss you so much, you never take my calls, I choose this school just so I could be with you but you kept running away from me, why Sani why! She cries while hitting my chest. "Malika get it together" I said holding her hands we are done Malika, I love someone else now, try and understand Malika" I said "I get you don't love me anymore, but we can still work things out again Sani, okay you don't love me anymore and you don't want me back, but you are dating my best friend Sani, what should I do? She sobs and I asked her to leave to avoid further plights and I went back to the kitchen, before I came back she was gone, they call me Sani (the second) at home because I have my dad's name Ahyan.
it's 5pm so I texted Sabina to meet me at the popular desert's shop, she deserves to know what's going on, but she left without saying anything, I felt a twinge in my chest and for the first time I wished someone could listen me.

Sabina POV
I went back to Kamila's , I might be heartbroken right now, but I can't afford to miss that catfish pepper soup, I got there and Kamila was busy on her laptop, I said hi to her roommates and sat down beside her "your soup is in the warmer" she said not looking at me, I know she's clearly mad at me, I left without a word, "I'm starving and heartbroken" I squeals trying to get her attention but didn't work, I stood up to go to the kitchen when my phone started ringing, it was amber "like seriously girl wtf is your problem, you left home since morning and you won't take our calls" amber shouted "I'm sorry babe, I'm with Kamila, will come back tomorrow, their hostel is closed now and how's Zoya and is Malika home? "I asked, "yea Zoya is fine she's here and Malika, she picked few things and left the house Sabina, without a word, what are we supposed to do now" amber said worriedly "will call you right back" I said and hanged up, "is Malika there" I called Ahyan after so much hesitation, with hopes, he won't tell she's there "no babe" he said and I hanged up not wanting to hear anything from him, I called Zain but she wasn't there, Hanif, he said he's with Ahyan, damn it! I called Malika severally but no answer.

**

It's morning, I prayed subh, ate the spaghetti Bolognese that Kamila made and went back home, "Zoya and amber rushed and hug me "are you okay" they asked restlessly, "yea I'm fine, we need to find Malika, but how, where could she be?

Where could malika be?
What will happen to their friendship?
Pls don't forget to vote and share😊💜💜