Chapter 8

Denmark
.
I smiled when Norway kept the little hat on his head. "What do you want to do?" He asked. "Well, I need to go get some stuff at the store." I told him. "Do you want me to come with you?" I shook my head. "No, I want you to stay." Norway kissed me. "Okay. How long will you be gone?" I kissed back. "About an hour." He nodded. "Be careful, please?" I giggled. "Of course!"
.
Norway opened the door. "Bye, Dane." I waved goodbye. "Bye!" The cold air surrounded me, making me shiver a little.
.
Norway
.
I closed the door and locked it. "I wished you stayed..." The house was empty; I was alone. The quietest sound could echo through out the entire room. I started singing a tune I learned as a child, one that only I knew. "I'll pick you up when you have fallen... I'll be there as your light source in the dark... no matter what I'll be there..." The sound of my voice spread out across the living room.
.
I failed to notice the noise of a door close behind me as I kept on singing. "Wow, Nor. You're a good singer," A voice said. "D-Denmark! W-When did you get here?" I asked in a panic. "Just now. You didn't hear me?" I blushed to where my head turned red as a tomato. "N-No... I didn't..." Denmark kissed me. "Well I like your voice. I want to hear it~" He said with a touch of mischief. I gasped. "No--" Denmark cut me off with a more passionate kiss. "Yes~" I gave in. "Fine..." He smiled slyly while working his way down to my collarbone, leaving a trail of nearly unbroken kisses.
.
Denmark
.
"D-Denmark..." I hear Norway moan. "Yes?" I look up at him. "No more. Not today." I regained my posture, hugging the smaller nation. "Okay. I'm not going to force anything on you." I could feel his heartbeat against my chest. "Your heart is beating fast. Why is that?" I asked. "Oh... I just got nervous." He blushed. "Will you sing me a song? I'm really tired and I want to go to sleep..." I blushed harder than him. "What song?" Norway glared at me.
.
"Just any song." I lied down on the couch, as he started singing soft, quiet notes. "I'll be there as your light source in the dark... no matter what I'll be there..." My eyes weighed down until they closed. I heard his voice drift away and a kiss on my forehead. "Good night, Dane."