Chapter 10

Norway

.

I woke up, looking at the clock. "It's only six in the morning..." I complained to myself. I heard Denmark turn over on the mattress, still sleeping. I quietly stood up, careful not to wake the Dane, walking over to the kitchen to make coffee.

.

"Just like a few days ago..." I remembered. The day the others and I got in a fight, the day that Denmark followed me into the forest. I smiled, a rare occurrence that felt unfamiliar to me.

.

I left the warm mug of coffee where it was and walked to my room to get dressed. I picked out a blue T-shirt and black jeans, and something caught my attention. It was a gray case. "Oh, I remember this..." The case held a five-string violin, I used to play it everyday. I pulled out the dusty case, opening it up and brushing off the instrument.

.

I didn't really remember how to play fast-tempo songs, it's been such a long time since I even looked at the violin. I took out the bow, applying some rosin and setting it on one of the worn strings. The song I played was one I made myself, a remix of a few classics and some more modern rythms. I smiled as I ended the song with some nice vibrato.

.

Denmark

.

I woke up hearing a familiar song, one that I haven't heard in such a long time. "Norge... why did you ever stop playing?" I asked, though I knew he couldn't hear me. Standing up, I heard the melodic song come to an end. I walked towards Norway's room, seeing him put down the violin. "That was lovely, Nor." I said, making him jump a little. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

.

"It's alright." Norway glanced at the instrument. "You really liked it?" I nodded, "Yes, I loved it. You made that song, right?" He shook his head. "I didn't really make it, I just combined a few of my favourite songs and added some transitions, that's all. I can't really call the song itself my creation." I hugged him, kissing his forehead. "Norge, why did you stop? You play so beautifully, I was really disappointed when you quit playing."'

.

Norway hugged back. "I don't know... I guess with Iceland growing up and all I just didn't have the time to practice." He smiled, "But if you want me to play more, I'll be happy to." I kissed him, a cheerful look in my eyes. "Nor, that would make me so happy!" I told him. Norway didn't say anything, instead he just placed the old violin back in its case and closed it up.

.

"Well, I'll need to practice a lot more, it's been at least fifteen years since my last recital." He sat down on his bed, staring at the gray case. "I'll look forward to it."

.

((So this happened. I thought of something and decided to put it in the book, and here it is. I might upload another chapter, I haven't decided.

I know this chapter didn't really get me anywhere, but I wanted to upload it anyway.))