Chapter Ten

Later that day, Sophie stood in front of Vertina, staring at her reflection. She wasn't sure why she was caring so much about her appearance, she was only heading over to a friend's house to hang out. Okay, maybe she did know why. She just didn't want to admit it. It definitely didn't have anything to do with a certain blonde-haired elf...

     Sophie flopped onto her bed before muffling her frustrated scream with her pillow. Why was she thinking about these things? Why was she thinking about him? She liked Fitz. Sure, he broke up with her, but she had liked him for years. She couldn't be falling for someone else... Could she?

     Thankfully, Sophie's near mental breakdown was interrupted by a knock on her door.

     "Come in," Sophie called. The door opened and Edaline stepped in.

     "You should probably be heading over to Everglen now," she said. "It's already 4:30 and you said you would be there at 4:00." Sophie shot out of bed. Biana was going to kill her.

     "Bye, Mom!" Sophie called as she dashed to the Leapmaster.

     "Everglen!" She shouted when she reached the large chandelier-like machine. At her command, a crystal lowered and she stepped into the beam of light.

    Sophie materialized where the gates used to be and looked up to find an angry-looking figure in the distance. A pink angry-looking figure. Sophie gulped. Oops.