Chapter Sixteen

"Wow," Sophie breathed as she, Biana, and Linh stepped into the room. The boys had done an amazing job. They strung twinkling fairy lights around the ceiling which emitted a soft yellow glow, creating a magical, relaxing atmosphere. The sleeping bags were arranged in a circle and each one had fluffy blankets piled on top. At the center of the sleeping bag circle, the boys had placed a basket filled with candy, flashlights, and snacks.

     "I'm impressed," Biana said. "I did not expect you guys to actually make it look decent."

     "Decent?!" Fitz protested.

     "Hey, we can make things look pretty too," Keefe said. "I mean, just look at 'The Hair'!" He tossed his head dramatically. The girls rolled their eyes. Tam scowled.

     "Let's just get this over with already," he complained.

     "Oh, shut up Bangs Boy," Keefe teased. "You know you're excited. Especially about the makeovers!" Tam looked horrified. Sophie was sure she did too.

     "What?!?" They exclaimed in unison. Biana and Linh giggled.

     "Of course! It wouldn't be a sleepover without the makeovers!"

     "I agree," Keefe said with a wink. Fitz glared at his sister.

  "I agree with Tam. Let's get started."

     "Wait," Sophie said. "Dex isn't back yet." Biana bit her glossed lip.

     "Well, I guess we can choose our sleeping bags while we wait. He should be here any minute." They all agreed. For once.

     "I call not being by Tam," Linh declared. "He cuddles in his sleep." Tam's glare sent chills down Sophie's spine even though it wasn't directed at her. Linh just smirked in return.

     After several rather intense arguments, they finally figured out the arrangement. Well, sort of. It ended with Linh splashing everyone with water so Biana could decide what they were going to do. The order ended up being Linh, Biana, Sophie, Keefe, Dex, Fitz, and Tam. Sophie suspected the order wasn't chosen at random. Knowing Biana, she probably had even more devious plans.

     Just as they all were settling down in their respective sleeping bags, Dex walked in with a bulging bag, the glass bottles inside rattling rather ominously. Biana grinned wickedly.

     "Are you guys ready?"