Chapter Eleven

Sophie couldn't help but feel like she was walking to her doom as she approached Biana.

"Where were you!?" The teal-eyed girl shrieked. She stuck her perfectly glossed lower lip out in a pout.

"Sorry," Sophie said sheepishly. "I kinda lost track of time." Biana softened slightly.

"It's okay," she sighed. "I was just looking forward to giving you a makeover before the boys showed up." Now it was Sophie's turn to shriek.

"You were gonna do what!?" Biana just giggled at Sophie's outburst.

"Forget it. But you're still not completely off the hook, by the way." Biana grabbed Sophie's arm and started dragging her towards the Vacker's enormous house.

"So what are we gonna do?" Sophie asked her over-enthusiastic friend as they ascended the main staircase.

"I thought we could play Base Quest first," Biana replied. "After that, well, I guess you'll just have to wait and see!" Sophie didn't think she liked the mischievous twinkle in Biana's eyes. But, before she could question it, they reached Biana's bedroom where their other friends had all gathered.

"It's about time, Foster," Keefe exclaimed from where he was lounging on one of the fancy cream-colored sofas. "I was starting to think you had forgotten about us!" Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Oh, stop being so dramatic. I just lost track of time, as I just explained to our glittery friend over here." She gestured to Biana who was wearing a pink tunic that sparkled with jewels and had glitter brushed across her eyelids.

     "All right Foster. We'll forgive you," Keefe said with a smirk. "But only if you tell us what made you 'lose track of time'." Sophie sighed. He was so annoying! And you love it, a little voice whispered in her head. She promptly told it to shut up.

     Sophie looked to her other friends, expecting their support. But instead they just looked at her curiously. She groaned internally. There was no way she would tell them that she was thinking about boys. Sophie flushed at the mere thought of it. She turned even redder when she heard Keefe mutter,

     "Interesting, veeeery interesting." Ugh. Why, oh why did he have to be an Empath?