Chapter 2: Friendship

(Normal pov)

"I'm telling you, these traders are trying to deprive us out of our money!" Sean snarled out, he turned to his captain and continued ranting on. "We tried selling the tobacco and what do those sniveling traders do? They try to tax us out of "conditions" the crates the tobacco is in!"

Harper blew a raspberry and turned to Eli and rose an eyebrow at the bulky man. "That true Mr. Eretson?" Eli hummed in confirmation. "Aye captain. Tau and the rest of our crew managed to sell the rest of the goods from our share of the prize, but the traders are now trying to screw us over because of the tobacco crates condition." Nodding in understanding, Harper laid eyes on the rest of his crew arguing with another pirate crew, a crew Harper was very familiar with.

"Oi! Where are they?" Harper barked out to his men, Tau made his way over and pointed towards a small hut. "In there captain." Harper nodded in thanks and patted his quarter masters back, he then made his way into the hut and laid eyes on two beautiful women, sisters to be precise.

Elizabeth and Abigail Arendelle.

Both are joint captains of the Nokk, both the sisters see that many of the goods here on Dragon's Edge are sold and that the crews receive commerce from the prize they won. Both Elizabeth and Abigail were currently finishing up logging accounts in their book of records for every crew at the Edge. The sight of Harper entering their hut caused the sisters to stop writing in their log and to greet the captain of the Night Fury.

"Mr. Haddock. Good morning." Elizabeth said with a nod and smile on her face, Harper eyed Elizabeth from head to toe, her pale skin, azure eyes and platinum blond hair glowing thanks to the sun through the opened window outside. Harper nodded in greetings at both the sisters and laid eyes on a bottle of rum, he picked it up and inspected it to see if it was a flavor he'd like, while he was doing this, he addressed what was going on. "My men inform me that you tried depriving them of their money because of the condition of the crates that holds tobacco. Am I misinformed?"

"No, you're not." Abigail said as she ran a hand through her strawberry blond hair and then approached a nearby mirror and began braiding her hair into two pigtails while continuing to speak. "Are you aware those crates had a significant amount of blood spatter on them?" Harper placed the bottle of rum back down and shook his head at Abigail's question. "No. I was unaware of this." Elizabeth then approached Harper and smiled lightly at him. "We don't mean to deprive your men of their money, but selling those containers with blood spatter on them? Nobody in a respectable or civilized port would accept those and they'd soon figure out that those crates were acquired by violent means." The platinum blond beauty then added. "And with England waging war between us? We simply cannot afford tp gain anymore... unnecessary popularity."

Harper looked into Elizabeth's eyes and smiled lightly at her and nodded, the auburn haired man then decided to change the subject, knowing full well that Elizabeth's words bore truth in them. "Tell me, how're things between you and Jack?" The platinum blond laughed lightly and answered. "We're good. He, Kristoff and the others are procuring some supplies for our crew." Nodding at Elizabeth's words, Harper clicked his tongue and then asked out. "Do you and your crew intend to fight England when they've arrived in the Bahamas? Or do you have plans to just... disappear?"

Abigail, who had just finished braiding her hair into two pigtails turned to Harper and shrugged. "We aren't entirely sure yet. I'm sure sooner or later, we're all going to have to come together. The declaration of war was sung by our fallen brothers and sister in England. To refuse to answer the call? It makes their deaths for nothing." Harper hummed in agreement with Abigail's words and then continued on the subject. "Well, I'm forming a meeting later on this evening about this talk of war between England and if you lot wish to attend? Meet me at the Great Hall and we'll discuss this topic of war later on." Both Elizabeth and Abigail nodded in understanding, and with that? Harper took his leave.