Na jaane kyun hota hai ye Zindagi ke saath

"Ragu...."

As soon as Ragini sees Swara, she rushes over to her and cries her heart out

"Swara, everything is over."

"I'm sorry, Ragu. I didn't fulfill my promise. I couldn't stop the sadness coming your way. I just..."

"He doesn't want me in his life, Shona. He didn't even listen to me..."

Swara felt Ragini's weight on her and her sudden interruption worried her.

"Ragini.... Ragini..."

Then she realized that Ragini had fainted. Swara started panicking.

"I'll call the doctor."

"Sanskar, the hospital is about 5 minutes away. I think that we should take her there."

"Siddhant..."

"Sanskar, he is right. He is much more aware about this area than us and we don't know how much time the doctor will take. Ragini needs immediate attention."

Sanskar carries Ragini to Siddhant's car while Siddhant sits on the driver's seat.

############################

At the hospital....

Ragini was taken inside ward for examination.

Everyone was worried outside. But Sanskar was giving death glares to Siddhant which Siddhant was unaware of. Then after sometime Siddhant noticed him and got miffed. He went towards him.

"Hey, what is your problem man?"

They were standing really close to each other.

"You are my problem."

Swara rushes to stop them.

"Sanskar, wait."

"No, Swara. Because of him. We are here now. Ragini is suffering because of him."

"That was not me, Sanskar. I was made to do by ....."

The nurse calls out to them to meet the doctor. Everyone goes inside.

"Who is her husband?"

"Doctor, I'm her sister. How is Ragini. Is she fine. Is she conscious now? Can I meet her?"

"Yes. She has gained consciousness now. But there are some complications in her pregnancy."

"What?"

"She is very weak. Looks like she has gone through a lot of stress. I'm going to prescribe some medicines. But the most important thing is rest. She needs to take care of herself. Otherwise this would not go well for the baby."

Anushka assures," I'll take care of her."

"You all can take her now."

############################

Ragini was resting on the bed surrounded by everyone.

"Ragu, how are you feeling now?"

"I'll bring some juice for her."

Anushka was rushing towards the kitchen, just then Swara calls her out.

"Anushka, thank you so much for taking care of my sister. I have seen today, how much you were worried for her."

"Please don't embarrass me Swara. Infact I'm the cause of whatever has happened to Ragini."

Anushka was going to explain everything just then Ragini interrupted.

"No Anushka. Whatever happened was because of only one person.... My husband. But I'm going to move past everything and live for my child. I don't want to return to him now."

"Ragini, how can you at Siddhant's...."

"Sanskar, I trust him. Isn't this enough for you all to forgive him. He was not at fault."

"Okay. But you know, that Sanskar and me are just a phone call away from you."

Swara and Sanskar leave the Reddy Mansion.

"Ragu... Can I call you Ragu?"

"Sure, Anushka. And thank you for being with me. But how did Swara and Sanskar come here?"

"I had called Swara yesterday night after I brought you here. I thought that she must be looking for you. So I told her that I saw you on the street and brought you at my friend's house. Sanskar didn't have an ounce of belief in me and doubted my intentions. But your sister. She is surely intelligent. She knew that I wouldn't get anything by speaking foul."

"Yeah, she is surely intelligent" Ragini smiled a bit.

"I assured her that you are fine and sent her my location. And then they came as early as possible in the morning."

"But why didn't you let me tell anything about us and DP to Swara and Sanskar?"

"I'm not binded to live there. I don't have anyone for me there. But they have to live their entire life in that house only and I don't want to spoil their life and relations due to me."

############################

Maheshwari Mansion....

Swara and Sanskar reach their house where everyone was already seated on the dining table having their breakfast. Swara's eyes filled with rage seeing Lakshya eating peacefully while her sister had to suffer so much.

"Lakshya, don't you have any shame. How can you behave as if nothing has happened? Badi maa, Bade papa. Do you know what Lakshya did yesterday?"

"Beta, we can't do anything. We tried to make him understand. But he is adamant. After all it's his life. And about Sanskar we know that he can't do anything wrong."

"Don't you feel anything for your daughter-in-law. Don't you have any responsibility towards her. Do even know what all she had to go through today because of your good for nothing son."

"Swara. Mind your language. It is my life. You live your life happily with your husband and don't interfere in mine."

"I should have never let you come near Ragini. Due to Ragini's never ending love for you, I had to accept you for her. I thought that you have changed. That was the biggest mistake of my life. But I never repeat my mistakes and now I know what I should do."

############################

Reddy Mansion....

After Swara and Sanskar had left, Siddhant and Anushka advised Ragini to sleep. But Ragini didn't want to sleep. After Siddhant almost threatened her, she tried to sleep. After a while, she felt someone stroke her hairs.

She muttered," Lakshya let me sleep."

Anushka moved her hand away. Ragini woke up and realized that it was not Lakshya.

"Habits. But then with time these will fade away. I have to get used to not having Lakshya around me. Sorry."

And Ragini again went to sleep. Anushka could sense the extent to which Ragini loves Lakshya and it pained to see her away from her love.

############################

Drop in your comments and let me know what you feel about the chapter.