Mil ke bhi hum na mile

Maheshwari office....

Ragini went near the receptionist.

"Good morning, mam. How may I help you?"

"I want to meet Mr. Lakshya Maheshwari."

"I'll just check if he is free. What is your name, mam?"

"Alisha."

The receptionist calls Lakshya.

"Sir, Alisha mam wants to meet you."

"Alisha.....? Okay, send her in."

"Mam, you can go inside."

Ragini knocked on the cabin door.

"Yes. Come in."

Just as he saw Ragini, he was shook.

He was seeing her after almost 5 years

He was seeing her after almost 5 years. Ragini went towards him with a determined face. Lakshya was about to lash out at her.

"I know that you had told me to never contact you but this is important. I know that you would have not expected me but I'm not going to take much time. I just need 15 minutes. You can set the clock."

Ragini opens the file she was holding and placed a photo out of it on the table in front of Lakshya.

"She is our daughter. Her name is Aradhya. She is 4 years old."

She then places a lab report.

"This is the blood test report. Her blood group is A+. Mine is O+ and just so you know Sanskar's is B+. But your's, is A+."

She then places the file.

"My daughter is not in good health. Just so you know she was born out of premature delivery and so was very weak. She is having a hole in her heart. I have done all the tests regarding this. The file contains all the test reports. She is your daughter and she has all the right on her father's earnings to receive the best medical attention. I hope that you would at least take responsibility of your daughter. I have placed my contact number and address in the file. With this my 15 minutes are over. I would take your leave now."

Lakshya was confused and angry. He threw the file. But his attention went towards the photo. HIS DAUGHTER.

############################

Ragini's house...

"I have kept my self respect aside for this man just for the sake of my daughter. Do you think he would believe me?"

"He has to, Ragini. Aradhya is his daughter. Whatever you did was right. You did what a mother would have done for her daughter."

"I don't't expect anything from Lakshya as a husband but atleast he could be a good father."

############################

Maheshwari Mansion....

Lakshya was sitting in the living room in a dilemma. He did not know how to react. What to believe.

"Lakshya beta, kitne dino baad aj tumhe ghar par dekha wo bhi din mein."

They both exchanged a smile.

"You need someone to take care of you. A companion. You remember Mr. Saxena..."

"Maa, how many times I have to tell you that I don't want to get married."

Lakshya lashed out at his mother and left the home in anger.

He was driving on a lone street while he received a call from his friend.

"Okay, I'll reach there in 10 minutes."

############################

City hospital....

Lakshya parked his car in the lot. He got a call.

"Yes. I have reached where are you?"

He was busy talking when a girl came running and collided with him.

"

Hey, slowly girl."

He knelt down at Aradhya's level.

"Hey, I know you. You are Papa."

Lakshya was moved and a smile came on his face unknowingly.

"What did you say?"

"Papa. Mom had showed me your photo."

Ragini came outside the hospital searching for her daughter and saw the sight of a father-daughter talk.

"Aradhya, come inside. I had told you not to run around."

Aradhya waived a good bye to Lakshya and went inside with her mother accompanied by Anushka. Lakshya was dumbstruck. He went inside the hospital.

"Aradhya, humne tumhe kitni baar samjhaya hai ki dauda mat karo. Once you get cured, you can play as much as you want. Now, let's go inside. The doctor has arrived."

Lakshya was about to go near them but his friend arrived by then.

"Hey, thanks that you came. I need help, come."

############################

Drop in your comments and let me know what you feel about the chapter.