Kaisi paheli zindagani

"Wo phone nahi utha rahe hai."

She kept on calling him but no response.

"Beta, I think we should take her to hospital first."

Ragini picked up Aradhya and they all were rushing towards the exit meanwhile Swara tried calling Sanskar. He received the call.

"Sanskar, Aradhya has fainted. We are taking her to the hospital now."

Sanskar was driving.

"I was out for some work and I'm near to our house so wait for me. I'll be there in few moments. Also don't worry and calm down."

Swara hanged up the call.

"Swara, you can't go to the hospital in this state. Rush is not good for your health. But you can't stay here alone. Don't know when others will come home. So I can't leave you here all by yourself."

Ragini turned to look at him. She didn't know how to react to him.

"But bade papa, we can't leave her alone. I will take care of myself. You don't need..."

"Swara, he's right. You need to stay here. I'll talk care of him."

"But... Okay. Sanskar will be reaching here so wait till he comes."

Just then Sanskar entered the hall.

"Ragini, give Aradhya to me. I'll make her sit in the car till then bring her medical records."

Sanskar took hold of Aradhya while Ragini rushed to grab the records.

############################

In the hospital...

Aradhya was rushed inside the ward for inspection.

"Sanskar, Aradhya will be fine. Right?"

"Yes, Ragini. She is a very brave girl. She will be fine."

"I didn't think that this day will come again. I felt so scared."

Tears welled up in her eyes.

"Last time I felt like this during Aradhya's birtg."

Sanskar held her by her shoulders to support her.

"Ragini, don't ever feel that you are alone. We all love you. You will always find people around you who will always be there for you no matter what."

"I called him. Again. And... he didn't come. Again. Why do I expect from him?"

Ragini was now crying bitterly.

"Ragini, he must have been...."

Just then the doctor came out of the ward. Ragini wiped her tears.

"Don't worry. She's fine now. I had looked at her medical records. Looks like she had consumed some cold item that's why this sudden reaction."

She looked at Sanskar.

"You must be her father. Mr. Maheshwari, I have written down some medicines. I would need them now."

The doctor left inside the ward. Ragini now collapsed on the floor. Sanskar kneeled down and picked her up.

"Ragini, she's fine now. You need to get hold of yourself. I'll be back after getting the medicines."

Sanskar turned to leave just then he saw Lakshya standing blankly looking at them.

"Lucky..."

Ragini turned and saw Lakshya who was now walking towards them.

"Thank god, Lucky that you came. Take care of Ragini. I'm going to get the medicines."

Lakshya stooped by grabbing him by his arm. Sanskar looked at him in astonishment.

"You did this again, Sanskar. You again took my place. You became Aradhya's dad now."

"Lakshya, you are making the same mistake again. I was here to help her. She was all alone..."

"Don't Sanskar. There is no need to justify yourself. It was he who was not here when his daughter needed him the most. When I needed him..."

Ragini shouted. Lakshya looked at Ragini in pain. Ragini went near him.

"Today, I'll tell you everything

"Today, I'll tell you everything. Do you know who was behind what all happened five years ago? It was Mr. Durgaprasad Maheshwari."

Lakshya and Sanskar looked at Ragini in shock.

"Yes. He was the one who blackmailed Siddhant to conspire against us. Do you remember the project you won, in which Siddhant was there? He fooled Sanskar and me into believing that someone who is working on that project is deceiving you and leaking the information. We went to that hotel to meet Siddhant and that man to get the papers of the project. But then we realized that everything was a lie and we were trapped. That man and Siddhant were working for Bade papa. We did all that to protect you. You were made to believe that we did something wrong. That situation was a plan of your dad."

"Why would he do all this?"

"Because he doesn't like me. He never accepted me as your wife, as his daughter-in-law. I came that night at our house to tell you that I was pregnant..."

Lakshya stumbled on hearing this.

"Yes, Lakshya. Bade papa knew that I was pregnant. I didn't leave you. I came to our house but bade papa didn't let me in. I didn't know where you were. Bade papa, closed the door of the house for me and I kept crying. I begged him to let me in for your sake, for our child's sake. But he didn't pay any heed. He didn't want me and my child in that house. With no hope left, I left the house and wandered on the streets all alone. That time if it had been not for Siddhant then I don't know what would have happened to me and to our child. Now that I think. Whatever happened today is probably because of bade papa. He was there with her and Swara knows about Aradhya's medication so she can't be at fault. Today if anything happens to my daughter then I won't spare anyone."

Ragini wiped her tears and went to meet the doctor. Sanskar came in back in his senses and went to buy the medicines. Lakshya was standing in the passage alone. With this truth revelation by Ragini his world had turned upside down.

############################

What will happen now that Lakshya knows that his own dad was the reason behind his misery over these years?

Drop in your comments and let me know what you feel about the chapter.