VIII - It's my B-Day and I'll Cry If I Want To

"Morning birthday girl." Enzo whispers into my ear as he holds me under the covers. "What would you like for breakfast?"

I laugh. "Last time I checked you can't cook."

He laughs and nods. "Then get ready quickly so I can take you out to breakfast."

"Enzo you're taking me out to dinner tonight-"

"No buts! I'm taking you out as many times as I want today." He gets up and I pull the covers over myself a little more, enjoying watching him walk around almost butt naked. "Enjoying the view?"

I nod and bite my lip. My fiancée is a straight up model. "Very much, this is enough breakfast for me...or should I say dessert?"

He comes back over leaning down, kissing me hard. "We'll have dessert tonight, served hot." He picks me up and carries me into the bathroom. "Get ready."

"I am! See I'm out of bed!" I point out and he just shakes his head and smirks as he gets ready. About an hour later we leave for breakfast.

"How about donuts?" I suggest as we walk down the street. "Because if we're going anywhere far we're taking the subway or a cab. I'm not waking far in these heels."

"Don't you want something special? Do you know how much you eat donuts?"

I nod. "I know but that mom and pop shop down the block is so good! They're jelly filled donuts are the best! And it's my birthday!"

"Fine, we'll get donuts! Hey you never really told me what happened yesterday."

"Oh yea!" We enter the shop. "Well first Mr. Armani's car broke down and he wanted me to drive him to work. You know my clunker, it broke down too and he refused to use the subway!"

"Morning, Jessica." The older woman who owns the shop says. I'm in here so much she knows me by name.

"Morning! Can I have a jelly donut please." She nods and goes to get it.

"You know it's her birthday today! Maybe she'll finally turn into an adult." Enzo jokes and hugs me from behind.

"Your birthday? Well then this donut is on me."

"No-" I go to protest.

"If any of my loyal customers deserves a free donut it's you. I smile and take the donut but still leave a tip. "Happy birthday!"

I wave goodbye and we leave. We start walking to my office. From his apartment it's only two blocks, which is very convenient considering I'm moving in. "Anyway, so that happened in the morning and then I met his dad and he's an ass. You know who's also an ass? My father."

"Your dad? Did he try to contact you yesterday?" Enzo asks, now sounding concerned.

"No, he showed up at work. I was leaving and he was there waiting for me! Now that I think about it how did he know where I work?" I just shake my head. "Anyway, my mom is sick and he still hates you. We're having a family dinner in a few weeks. You know what's even crazier? My uncle is out of prison and he's going to be there too."

"Your Uncle Raimondo?" His eyes get bigger and he stops on the sidewalk for a second to process.

"I know! He had a life sentence but he must have gotten it appealed because he's out. I've never met him, and I'm a little freaked out."

"Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm coming with you."

I frown. "Enzo I wish, but my father will literally kill you if you do. I'm going for my mom and that's it. He won't try anything in front of my mom, not when she's this sick." I look down the concrete. "I had no idea and I feel so guilty."

"Don't, there's nothing you can do about it. All you can do is spend time with her and make the most of it. Cheer up, we're going to have a lot of fun tonight. Plus, while you're at work I'm moving all your stuff in!"

I nod and give him a hug and a kiss before walking into work. "Everything will be ok...".

Everything was ok until I walked into my office and there was a pile of boxes on top of it. I open the top box, and it's a black silk dress shirt and pants, as well as a blazer. 'Happy birthday -father'. I may not like my father but he has impeccable taste. Expensive impeccable taste.

Next to the boxes are a bouquet of flowers. "I bet Enzo sent these..." I open the card and my heart drops. 'Excited to meet you' - Uncle Raimondo'. I've never met this man and it makes me sick just thinking about he knows of my existence. I shut the note quickly and shove it into my pocket. I get eveything off of my desk and put it into the back of my office.

I sigh, getting to work and halfway through the day, the receptionist is knocking on my door. "Something wrong?"

"There's a girl out here and she-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Sara yells and runs past the receptionist who just rolls her and walks away. She nearly knocks me over as she hugs me. "I can't belive its another year of amazing you! And I got you something!" She hands me a box and claps excitedly.

I open it and remove the tissue paper. I pick up the lacy red fabric. "Sara there's nothing here. Can these even be considered panties?"

She just laughs. "There's more!"

I keep going through the box to find a bra, garters, and a blindfold." I hold up the blindfold. "Seriously?"

"What? I know you two are young, but you're getting married and you don't want to get bored too quickly! Figured something kinky might help!" My eyes flash behind her and I see my boss walking towards as. I close the box quickly. "And you have the best ass so you don't even need underwear, in my opinion! And Enzo is a god! He should take his shirts off more often!" She just keeps going.

"Special occasion?" Mr. Armani asks, leaning on the door frame.

"Oh...I'm sorry sir. It's my birthday and I guess my roomate thought it was a good idea to bring this here." I blush and put the box in the corner with the rest. "This is Sara, you met her yesterday."

He smiles and waves to her. I think her eyes are about to pop out of her head.

"Did eveything turn out ok last night?" He continues.

I nod. "Yes, everything went fine. You know fathers....they can be difficult." Sara is too busy giving him googly eyes to even notice what we're talking about.

He nods. "I know very well. And the flowers?"

"Also from my father." I lie. "What can I do for you sir? I got those reports together and all of those conferences are set!"

"Nothing, just came to check in. Take the rest of the day off. As of now I don't need anything." He leaves with that and Sara flips out.

"You deserve the coolest boss award. Call me if you're ever bored!" She yells after him and I just roll my eyes, grabbing all the boxes.

"Let's drop all of this off and then we get lunch. Enzo and I are having dinner tonight." I stack everything up, struggling to carry it all.

"Well you're all set now that you have some sexy lingerie!"

When we get back to Enzo's, all of the moving guys have finished. I just barely hold onto all my stuff. I'm able to set it all down on the counter as Enzo is coming downstairs in a crisp suit.

"Did you dress up for me?" I ask and smile. "Boss man let me leave early. I'm headed out to lunch and we're still set for tonight."

Enzo nods and leans in to kiss me. He looks like he's really in a rush. "Of course. I'm sorry I have to go, work stuff. I'll meet you at the restaurant for dinner. I'm sorry."

"You ok?" He nods quickly before he leaves and slams the door behind him. "Well at least I'm moved in..."