XIII - Show (Part I)

Kinda got carried away with this chapter...I mean better for you guys considering it's 20 pages! Don't think I've ever written a chapter that long. I've decided to split it into two parts because I could just keep going and going and no one will ever be able to get through a 40 page chapter! Enjoy and expect another update soon!

A few days passes cooped up in the apartment and I've been avoiding Vincent like the plague. For all I know he moved out and left me here to rot. I've been exploring and this place is huge. I could hide and he'd never find me, or I could get lost.

I bought tickets for a broadway show months ago for Enzo and I. I had saved up for months and now I'll never get to see it. It's stupid being sad over it, considering the predicament I'm in. I have made a few friends with the cooks and the maids. I think they're only the people I'm ever going to see again.

I head downstairs for breakfast and into the kitchen. "Morning," I say to Eddie, the cook.

"Morning, how are you Jessica?" She says politely and hands me some eggs.

"How many times have I told you to just call me Jess?" I laugh and she does as well. "Is there anything I can help you with today?"

She shakes her head. "No. Mr. Armani has a dinner meeting later today but most of the food is prepped."

A light bulb goes off in my head. "Not much to do huh? Isn't Ansel coming in later to help you? And if you don't need help you can help me with something else..."

She gives me a look. "I see mischief in that look, I'm not getting in trouble!"

"You won't be, I'll be!" I point out. "If you do I'll just say I forced you into it. I have tickets to a Broadway show and I don't have anyone to go with and I need to get out of here. Just for one night. I think I'm starting to grow mold because I've been sitting around for so much!"

"You're insane. How am I getting you out of here?" She mentions and shrugs.

"I know there's a servants entrance that only servants have a key to so there's no guard. Don't act dumb around me! Don't you think I tried it already?"

She smiles and laughs. "You're too smart for your own good."

"So is that a yes?" I say excitedly.

She rolls her eyes. "If I get everything done and Ansel gets here early. I'll text him. Go get ready and be ready when I am, ok?"

I nod ethusiastically and hug her, nearly running upstairs to get ready. It takes what feels like forever to pick out a dress, heels, and jewelry. I put everything into a bag and do my makeup and hair. I sit on the edge of my bed and wait like a little kid ready to get candy.

Then there's a knock on my door. I get up and pretend that I'm looking at something in my closet. "Come in!" I say and Vincent walks in, sitting on my bed. "If you're worried about me interrupting your meeting I won't. You ignore me anyway."

Before I can stop him I see him pull my dress out of my bag. "Shouldn't this be in your closet?" He asks and hangs it back up. "And you've done your makeup, haven't done that since you've been here..." he comments. "Going somewhere?" He leans over me and I can feel his breath on my face.

"No." I answer simply and swallow.

"And you're a bad lier. Did you seriously think you could convince one of my staff, that people that are loyal to me and who I'm paying, to let you leave?" He doesn't move as he asks me, towering.

"If you'd let me leave it wouldn't come to this!" I push past him. "It's a few hours! What's the big deal?"

I can see his eyes rolling into the back of his head even with my back to him. "We've been over this Jessica. Sometimes I think you're just dumb!"