XXI - Club

"Jim West, Desperado. Rough rider, no want nada! None of this, six-gunnin this, brother runnin this!" I sing as I hear the door open. "Vincent you're lucky I have a date tonight, or I'd make you clean this all yourself...Wild Wild West! Once upon in the west, mas man lost his damn mind-" I turn around and scream when I see it's not Vincent. Did he knock and I just didn't hear it.

The man leaning against the door has beach blonde hair and is oddly tan for New York in the winter. He doesn't look Italian but I've seen more surprisning things. "Vincent told me you'd be in here, his meeting ran late and I'm here to pick you up "

I run over, putting my heels back on and shutting the music off. "Jessica Bene." I hold out my hand and he smiles. "I have a knack for embarrassing myself."

"Trevor Romano." He doesn't let go of my hand. "I think I'm going to switch it up tonight, you look like you could use a fun night out."

I laugh as we leave Vincent's office and I grab my stuff. "Thanks for picking me up. I'll have to warn you that I'm new to the business so you'll have to be patient with me if something needs explaining."

He takes my hand again and nods. "You're too hard on yourself. If I may, it was stupid of your father to keep you in the dark. Having to deal with all of this now is probably hard." He clears his throat when he sees my confused look. "Word travels fast, everyone knows everything. Can't really hide anything in this business so I'd watch your step."

I shake my head. "That's all I've heard lately, but enough about my problems. We're going to have fun tonight and we're not going to think about our responsibilities."

We get down to the ground floor and waiting outside is a black 1969 Ford Mustang. "It's beautiful..." I say before I think.

He laughs and nods. "Into cars?"

I shrug. "Not really, but my Uh..." I pause thinking it's wrong to talk about my dead fiancée. "One of my good friends is into them and I've learned a lot about them from him. He doesn't like mustangs. I think they're hot."

"Maybe I'll let you drive it if this date goes well."

He's so charming and it worries me. No one is this charming and isn't hiding something. Yea, I had boyfriends in high school and college but they were all flings. Enzo and I found each other and it was like puppy love, I felt like a little kid again and I loved it. Enzo wasn't perfect and charming, he was real. This guy seems to know what to say to everything and has everything planned out.

He holds the door open for me and I get in. "Can we stop at my apartment? If we're going to have some fun I need to change out of my granny skirt and button up."

He smiles and nods as he speeds off into traffic. I hold onto the side of the door, startled. "The speed is half the attraction of this car, sweetheart. Can't handle the heat?"

I smirk and shake my head. "I can handle it!"

His foot gets heavier on the gas peddle and we speed down the streets toward the apartment.

He pulls up infront and I get out quickly. He grabs my stuff before I can stop him.

"I'm ok, really."

He shakes his head and locks the car. "And so am I."

I shrug, not really sure if I should bring him upstiars or not. I let him follow anyway and into the apartment. "Have a seat in the living room I'll be right down. Where are we headed?" I take my things and put them in the office before going to change.

"There's this new club, I know the owner so we'll be able to get in easy." He answers as I disappear upstairs.

If he tried anything someone will see him on the security cameras. I grab a slinky black dress from the back of my closet and some heels. I slap on some red lipstick and pull up my hair. Sexy, but this dress covers enough of me it's not inappropriate. Though I expect life women at the club will be wearing less.