Chapter 17~ Fight

Chapter 17~ Fight
Angst, death/suicide mention

[3rd person]

It's all your fault. You didn't say anything, and now you're the one feeling bad? That's so selfish of you. Remember your little accident? Sure you do, it's been eating you up, huh? Wouldn't it all be better if it killed you?

The shadow kept walking circles around the clearly distressed Zak. 

Now imagine, what if it did kill you? Wouldn't that be better for everyone? Your "friends" wouldn't be dealing with all your troubles right now, would they? 

Its grin revealed dozens of sparkling, sharp white teeth.

And you wouldn't have to suffer right now. Isn't that a win-win situation?

It stood still, inches in front of Zak's face, still grinning as mockingly as before.

Don't worry, it's not too late to die yet~

And that's when Zak punched. He was sick and tired of his mind constantly telling him what he does not want to hear. The only logical solution was to punch his thoughts. 

His family may call it anger issues, but in reality it's just Zak punching away his horrible thoughts, quite literally. But just a dent or two in the wall isn't that bad, right? It's better to fight the negativity than to embrace it, or slowly let it drive you insane. 

Since his dominant arm was still recovering, he had to get used to doing stuff with his left arm, and it went pretty well. With a lot of practise he managed to be able to write again, which is a good thing. He was able to write with his right hand, since it's recovered pretty well, but he didn't want to give up being able to write with left. Maybe if he gets injured in the future, he wouldn't have to learn to write with left again.

Zak had also started walking Rocco more often. He discovered that walking has quite a positive, almost therapeutic effect on him. Rocco enjoyed all of the walks as well.

So you could say he has pretty much everything sorted out, right? Well, that's wrong. His friends were already back in their own houses, and they haven't spoken a word since their last, dramatic teamspeak call. 

Zak just needed a break.

If his friends are good friends, they will understand. They might still be mad at Zak, but at least they should understand. 

And youtube? He's been doing trolling videos. A lot of them. Fans have started noticing the lack of contact between Skeppy and the rest of the trio. 

But hopefully, soon it will be over. Zak has started planning how to "reunite" with his friends. He will just invite them to another challenge video. If Vince or Darryl bring up the dreaded topic, that's fine. If they don't, Zak will make sure to bring it up himself after the recording. This time he won't choke on his words. This time he will not collapse due to his anxiety. Everything will be flawless, and knowing his friends, Zak is confident it will.