Chapter 19~ That's what matters

Oh how many times he's told himself he's not worth it, how many hours he spent thinking about how horrible of a person is, and how many times he felt like vanishing from this world. It all seemed so… confusing, though. To his friends, and behind the screen, he would show his happy-and-oh-so-chirpy personality, making it seem so real and genuine. In fact, it was, or is real, but behind the scenes… 

No. I don't need it. I can control myself… right? No, I can.

His gaze averted back to the window, moving away from the sharp object laying on his desk. There wasn't much to see outside. A few birds flying by, a leaf or two falling from the trees and occasionally someone walking down the streets, maybe even with a dog. At least it helped Zak get his mind off the negative thoughts. The few people woth their dogs motivated Zak to walk Rocco. Going outside to catch some fresh air always helped him calm down.

His feet mindlessly walked him towards the park. Rocco didn't mind as there were a few other dogs he knows. Zak let Rocco loose to play with the other dogs, while the boy himself went back to the place of the accident. When he arrived at the very end of the cliff, he sat down, looking over the tops of the hundreds, if not thousands of trees looming beneath. He let out a sigh. Everything will be okay, I'm sure of it.

Maybe, some people don't need to fly to be happy. And maybe some people are meant to be wingless. If friends are enough to keep you going, why wish for more? Why wish for something you know you cannot have? Maybe, if you accept what you have and don't, happiness and joy will find their own way to you. Just keep on going, and make the best out of your life, that's what matters.

~fin~