chapter 2

Four years later

Rikuo now eight years old is geting ready for school like he does everyday but his yokai family all want to help there young master so he ends up almost missing the bus and he gets scolded by kana his best (human) friend.

Today they were giving a report on yokai. Kiyotsugu choose tsuchinoko but he spent most of the report talking about only tsuchgumo and how it eats people. At the end of the report rikuo stands up and asks If Kiyotsugu know what a tsuchinoko even is.

Kiyotsugu laughs and starts busting about his research. Only to be stop by rikuo saying because you spent your whole report talking about tsuch-gumo a spider yokai not tsuchi-noko a snake yokai

Kiyotsugu gets mad and asks why rikuo even knows about tsuchgumo any way it's not like they are real.

Rikuo then reminds him that they were each given a yokai to research his was tsuchgumo.

(easy report after rikuo visited the Tsukumo yakō's territory with his dad and meet a lot a nice tsuchgumo so his report was just his favorite story's from them.)

Kiyotsugu gets angrier that someone is not worshipping him like a god for his silently above average intellect.
(o the irony) at this point the teacher steps in telling the class rikuo is right so Kiyotsugu will have to redo his report on the correct yokai this time.

After school Kiyotsugu and shima try to pick on rikuo about anything they can think of in the process showing everyone just how insecure they really are.

Rikuo decided to walk home today just to avoid their annoying attempt to anger him.

After about 5 minutes of walking rikuo opens a portal home with his powers.

After geting home rikuo is greeted by rika, seimei and Kyōkotsu waiting for him Kyōkotsu runs up hugging rikuo happy to see her big brother again.

Rika kisses rikuo on the cheek and asks how his day was. Rikuo tells them about his day and about Kiyotsugu in the process angering all the yokai listening in on there conversation.

Later after dinner

Rikuo (night form) and rika are practicing with their yoki when they hear about a bus crash on the TV. Rikuo realizes that kana is on that bus tells all the yokai present to get ready to head out.

Mokugyo Daruma and gyuki joining to see how rikuo plans on leading the night parade in the future.

After finding out that it is gagoze they prosecute to question him about his motives. Rikuo making sure to stop him from harming his friends in the process.

Kiyotsugu seeing rikuo's night form protecting him desired to meet him someday.