chapter 13

Rikuo is practicing his swordsmanship with kurotabō. rika sitting down next to nurarihyon drinking tea watching him practice. Lady wakana and tsurara are hanging clothes on the line to dry rhian is out speaking to local yakuza about their business (with Kubinashi and gyuki there to help 'negotiate' an agreement between the two groups) when Kiyotsugu call rikuo on his cellphone and asks if they'll like to go to Kyoto to look for yokai with yura. (who he thinks went home for the summer vacation to visit family) rikuo says sorry we already went to visit rikas family so we are already in kyoto rikuo says as he dodges kuro sword swing. Than rikuo hangs up and opens a portal to shimei's garden him kurotabō, autobō, and rika going through to visit kyoto. Tsurara stays behind because she's going to visit her mother soon.

In kyoto seimei's mansion

Seimei has a few glasses of tea ready for rikuo and rikas group to come though Kyōkotsu sees the portal and starts running up to hug her big sister and big brother.

(Seimei and Kyōkotsu do visit about once a month but mostly that is giving reports with only about a day for Kyōkotsu to have fun with her favorite yokai before they have to leave again)

Rikuo (night form) bent down and picks up Kyōkotsu holding her in his arm then passing her to rika as he hugs seimei who rika was hugging moments earlier. The two are happy to see rikuo and rika again. But seimei seems worried about the keikain family trying to buff up security around his mansion. (they think seimei is the head of the kyoto branch of the nura corps (the fake business the rest of the world think rikuo's money comes from)) to try and protect him from yokai (yura does not know about what company seimei works for.)

The next day

Rikuo is eating breakfast with rika shimei is asleep as it is morning right now. When rikuo gets a call from kana asking if rika can show them around since she lived in kyoto for some time rika agrees and starts showing the paranormal Patrol around town but they are almost always stopped by onmyoji before they can enter any shrine as "it's too dangerous to let anyone enter the shrine with yokai running around kyoto" (its 10:30 am) the onmyoji can't help thinking that hagoromo is going to return any day now to start eating people again.

So the group just goes to other local landmarks or take photos of the shrine they are aloud into because the government is starting to question the onmyoji upsetsin with hagoromo's return when none has seen a yokai that they know of in years and all the seals around kyoto are still in place so the government thinks the barrier is up and running keeping the yokai out.

Kana calls yura asking about the keikain clan and why so many think hagoromo is going to appear in the middle of the day. Yura just says I don't know they all think hagoromo just waiting for us to let our guard down to stark.

Timeskip lunch

Yura has joined the group for lunch when out of the corner of her eye she see the tip of rikas tail. Yura then asks if she can talk to rikuo in private rikuo agrees.

(Away from the group) yura asks rikuo if rika is a yokai. rikuo says yes she's a Gitsune Why do you ask. Yura goes pail that is when rika shows up asking what their talking about (she glaring at yura) rikuo says she just asked what kind of yokai you were. oh ok says rika calming down. Yura asks if she's related to hagoromo. Rika says yes she was my mother why do you ask. Yura now frickin out says so hagoromo is dead. Yes she's been dead for eight years now rika says a little angry that this conversation is happening right now.

So all the onmyoji are just wasting are time trying to stop some one who can't reincarnat anymore. I dont know about not reincarnat anymore I know she can't in my life time but not about after I die. Yura calms down and says how are you in the city when the barrier is still up. Rikuo laughs and says yura there's been a hole in the barrier for two hundred years thanks to a yokai tricking a monk into removing the seal then the monk just replaced the stick. Yura then goes pail again so yokai can enter as they wish for over two centuries
Rikuo says yes trying to hide his laughs behind his hand.