02. IM SO SORRY

after autumns shift had ended she was walking home  listening to a artist she found named kevin garrett. she had listened to his recent single called 'factor in' and she was already in love with his voice.

     auts🍂: I FOUND SOMEONE
     auts🍂: HIS NAME IS KEVIN GARRETT AND HE HAS AN
     auts🍂: AMAZING
     auts🍂: VOICE

     eli🙄: omg autumn u finally found someone
     eli🙄: uve been on a dry spell for a few months it's ab time u found someone

     auts🍂: look i don't wanna talk about it
     auts🍂: n e ways
     auts🍂: his name is kevin garrett and i'm listening to come up short rn and i don't even have the words
     auts🍂: i think i have fallen in love

     while autumn was busy listening to music and texting she didn't see the guy from the coffee shop round the corner and ended up bumping straight into him, with her landing on the ground and him getting soaked in coffee.

     "oh i'm so sorry i didn't see where i was going i'm so sorry i didn't mean to-" autumn had started rambling feeling very stupid for doing one of the most basic tasks.

     "it's fine don't worry about it. i didn't see where i was going." he had mumbled looking down at his now drenched hoodie.

     "oh your jacket! i can buy you a new one. or a new coffee, whichever you prefer. again i'm so sorry." in the midst of all this she hadn't looked up yet still embarrassed of what she just caused. once she looked up she was met with the guy from the coffee shop.
     "oh it's you. i-i can make you a new coffee. it's on me."

     "no it's fine. i promise. i'm ciarán."

     "autumn. you live with matt right?" she asked shaking his outstretched hand.

     "yeah. him and like 12 other guys."

     "yeah we're neighbors. i see you outside smoking a lot. were you heading back to your house?"

     "huh? oh yeah. i need to change. want to walk with me?"

      "i'd love to." she smiled at him.

     see ciarán already knew who she was. it was kind of hard not to. she always had music blasting and her three friends over. ciarán would be outside smoking a cigarette and he would see autumn and michelle walk down the street at 2 am every friday night. he wasn't a stalker. michelle was just very loud, especially at 2 am so autumn would have to yell at her to be quiet. despite her loud friend group she was enticing to him. she had a dazzling smile and she was always laughing. every time he saw her with her friends he couldn't help but look at her; she just had that affect on him.

"well this is my stop. it was nice to meet you. sorry about your jacket... again."

     "it was nice to meet you too. maybe i'll see you around sometime?"

     "yeah. yeah definitely." autumn smiled at ciarán.

     "ciarán! where is the food at man?" yelled a guy with bushy eyebrows and bright blueish green hair.

     "i'll see u later." ciarán smiled at her then walking to the guy.

     autumn then looked down at her phone to see a bunch of missed texts from elijah .

     eli🙄: coloring is rlly good but he's a lil slow for me
     eli🙄: hes something i would listen to when i'm trying to sleep or something
     eli🙄: idk maybe he'll grow on me
     eli🙄: bitch did you die?
     eli🙄: hewwoooo
     eli🙄: autumn???

     auts🍂: sorry i bumped into one of my neighbors and we were walking back and talking and shit.
     auts🍂: i haven't got the chance to listen to him that much
     auts🍂: i was in the middle of listening to come up short when i bumped into ciarán

     eli🙄:ciarán?

     auts🍂: the guy i bumped into
     auts🍂: you need to follow along more lmao

     ( xxx)-(xxx)-(xxxx): hey it's bree. since christmas is in two weeks we are starting to sell your cookies again until january 14. would you mind making some tonight?

     autumn: yh that's fine. how many batches for tonight?

     bree: one is fine. thnks autumn we appreciate it.

     autumn would have to cancel tonight on michelle. it was hard to bake around her because they would get so distracted.

     "hey mikey"

     "hey babe what's up?"

     "so imma have to cancel on tonight. bree texted a few minutes ago and they want me to start baking the cookies. i'm really sorry babe."

     "that's fine honey i understand i'll talk to you later moms calling. love you"

     "love you too" and with that it was time for autumn to start baking.

     she loved to bake and to cook; she found it therapeutic. it was already 5:45 and she had to be up early tomorrow morning since she was opening. autumn finally found the recipe in her thick recipe book that she had inherited from her grandmother. every year around christmas autumn made cookies for Aroma Mocha. this would be the third year and it seemed like most of the customers like the cookies. her most popular ones were sugar cookies and chocolate chip  but her personal favorite was snickerdoodle.

     autumn had her phone hooked up to her speakers and was playing xander's playlist. all of her friends liked music; it was one of the things they had all bonded over. xander mostly listened to the 1975, joji, clairo, and hozier. right now autumn was singing along to somebody else and dancing around her kitchen while she was making the dough. she had done this enough times to know that it was a two day process and that the cookies should be done by friday.

     after a while autumn had managed to make one batch of snickerdoodle,sugar cookies, chocolate chip, and oatmeal raisin. by the time she was done it was 11 o'clock and she was very tired. it might not have taken her that long if she didn't keep stalling and getting distracted. even though she was 23 she sometimes had the attention span of a four year old.

     after twenty minutes she finally had the energy to make it up the stairs to get to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. once autumn was done with that she changed into one of elijahs hoodies that he had left over.

     to others it might seem that elijah and autumn were dating but that was far from true to her. michelle was who she was closest to but elijah and her had a special connection that she couldn't quite explain. it's like he could tell how she was feeling by just one look at her.

     xander was her newest friend. he was a beautiful addition to her little family. xander would pop up at night and drag autumn to a park or somewhere where there was trees. autumn swore he was half monkey the way he would climb up the tall trees. most saturday nights xander would arrive around 9 and they would make dinner and then go roam around somewhere. autumn had some of her deepest talks in a tree somewhere with xander.

 autumn had some of her deepest talks in a tree somewhere with xander