22. AURORA

"dinners ready!" daniel yelled through the thin walls of their new york family home.

     "kay, be there in a second!" autumn called back pushing her notebook off of her to the side of the bed and taking a long stretch. she begrudgingly got out of  bed and slowly walked to the kitchen, her legs stiff from huddling over her laptop for hours.

     "'bout time you made it. the foods almost cold." her father said eating his mashed potatoes.

     "sorry, it took me a second to find a good place to stop." she slightly smiled and sat down dishing out her food onto her plate.

      her family ate with their chatter being used as a background noise for autumn. she was too invested on her phone to make conversation, it's not like she had much to say anyways. she felt like she had nearly told her parents every detail that's happened since the last time she had seen them.

     "thank you for dinner momma, it was good." she thanked her mother and kissed her on her cheek before washing out her dish and putting it in the dishwasher.

      "oh you're welcome, baby. would you mind helping me with christmas dinner? i have a lot to do and a lot of mouths to feed."

     "yea? who's coming over?"

     "uncle josh, aunt helen, and their kids." autumns mother told her calmly; mentally preparing herself for what her daughter was going to say.

     "aunt helen?! why her." she whined while stomping a little like a child.

     "i know, autumn. just smile and nod and it will be over before you know it."

      "you say that every time though. and no matter how much smiling and nodding i do and sweeping shit under the rug she still says stupid ass shit that makes me want to backhand her ass."

      "i know autumn, but you know if you say something back to her shes just going to air out all of the drama on facebook."

     "shouldn't she just be an adult and keep her fucking mouth shut. she's not even apart of the family. she was married in. she's not my fucking blood."

"obviously. the reeves' don't act like her." her dad commented. "but, your mother is right. if you do say something back she's just gonna make it everyone else's business."

autumn rolled her eyes, knowing her parents were right and this was one thing she would just have to deal with.

     "okay, aunt helen and them, are they the only ones coming ?" autumn asked,picking up one of the pastries her mother bought from the store, and biting into it.

     "i think ashley's coming." her mom commented pulling her hair out of her face and turning around to her daughter.

     "patrick and uncle mike- oh and pats girlfriend patsy." commented daniel with a mouthful full of his second serving of mashed potatoes.

     "first of all, close your fucking mouth it's disgusting. second of all, pat and patsy? this reminds me of when taylor lautner and taylor swift dating." autumn recalled with a smile on her face.

     "i always liked the part in twilight where bella was like. "you nicknamed my daughter after the lochness monster?!" daniel said still with a mouth full of food.

     "and who showed you that? i know it wasn't me." autumn said leaning over one of the chairs pressed against the dining room table.

     "ha. wrong. technically you did show me it. there was a marathon playing with all the movies and you fell asleep during twilight and i watched the rest." daniel said confidently. proud that some girlfriend didn't show him the franchise but his little sister.

     "bahaha!" autumn busted out laughing the second she heard the words come out of his mouth. "so you willingly watched three whole movies!?"

     "no! see i caught the part where that vampire thre bella into all the glass and she almost died so the action caught my attention."

     "don't try and make your self feel better danny. you willingly sat through it. stop lying to yourself." autumn joked nudging her brothers shoulder before going up the stairs to her room.

     "hey! hey! wait!" daniel called to his younger sister, waiting for her to turn around to flip her off.

      "fuck off!" she called while going up the stairs, skipping every other step.