16. I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT

sunday

the next day both of the siblings were stressed. daniel was because he didn't know what his sister was going to do, and that was the first time he had told someone what was going on between his relationship.

autumn was stressed because she didn't know how she was going to help her brother out. she didn't think there was anyone she loved more than her brother. to see him in this predicament and hurting so bad killed her on the inside. her plan at the moment was when they went back to aurora her, daniel, their mom and dad would go to his shared apartment when isabel wasn't home. it couldnt be this trip though. she couldn't take off much more work and this wasn't a weekend job by any means.

daniel had mentioned that she would stay out late drinking and getting high. that would be the perfect opportunity to get his shit and leave.

she was so focused on planning all the outcomes and what she should do she completely forgot what to eat. her stomach unexpectedly growled loudly catching her attention. her eyes went wide looking at her stomach "well damn." she murmured getting up from her bed and going to the kitchen. she looked through it not finding a lot. she didn't really want to cook anything and all the snacks had been eaten. she went upstairs knocking on the spare bedroom door.

"come in." daniel faintly said, still tired. autumn opened the door seeing him sprawled over the bed laying on his stomach.

"hey imma go to the grocery store do you want anything?" she asked sticking her head through the door. he shook his head no telling his little sister thank you for informing him and telling her to be careful. there was a storm rolling in, and it was supposed to be hitting any minute.

autumn grabbed her keys, going out to her car and pulling out the driveway. it felt like it didn't take long for her to get to ralph's. her mind was too occupied to focus on driving. she grabbed a shopping cart, going to the produce isle first.

just like nearly everyone else autumn despised grocery shopping. she tried to make it quick but it was pretty hard when her mind was not entirely there. autumn was standing in the chip isle intently staring at the potato chips.

     "i saw you at the beach yesterday." ciarán came up beside autumn scaring her.

     "jesus fucking christ, ciarán. you can't sneak up on people like that. and what are you? a stalker?"

     "what- no! i went to the beach and i saw you there."

     "you must have some pretty good eyesight then."

      "it's not hard to spot you." he said casually. autumn cut him a look through the corner of her eyes; her eyebrows furrowed and head slightly tilt to the left. "you two looked cozy." he added on.

autumn turned her head side to side is anyone else hearing this shit?

     "why does it matter who i'm with?" she asked slowly walking down the isle, him following her.

     "it- it doesn't." he stuttered.

     "then why did you bring it up?"

     "conversation starter?" he asked his voice going higher on the last few syllables. autumn rolled her eyes; thunder cracking in the background.

     "have a good day, ciarán." she said walking down the isle, putting more distance between her and her neighbor.

     "autumn! wait!" he called after her; his feet thumping against the white tile. she stopped in the middle of the isle with her back facing him, waiting to hear what he had to say. "i know you remember what happened at the club friday."