20. I CAN DO IT FOR YOU

"we should go on a road trip." ciarán said spontaneously making autumn look at him curiously.

"what?"

"we should go on a road trip." he stated again propping himself up on one elbow so he could look at her properly.

"well we can't do it today. i have to leave in four hours." she said checking her phone to see the time. she already had her items packed up and she took a shower last night after ciarán went to sleep so she didn't need to do a lot.

"well obviously. i'm just saying one day we should. shouldn't you be getting ready anyways?"

"i would be honored to go on a road trip with the one and only ciarán ruaridh mcdonald." she said with sarcasm lacing her voice. she sat up and tousled her hair a bit to try and make it look a bit more presentable.

"i didn't tell you my middle name." he said looking up at her. she looked at him through the mirror that sat across her bed.

"what?"

" i didn't tell you my middle name." he restated.

"yes you did."

"no i didn't."

"no you didn't." she cracked a smile, admitting defeat.

"stalker."

"no sir." she giggled making him show a small smirk and his eyes darkening a shade.

       "you hungry?" autumn asked peering over her shoulder. he nodded his head signaling his response. autumn got up and started walking down the hall, expecting ciarán to follow her.

"are you coming or are you gonna starve?" autumn playfully called out to him a smile on her full lips, lighting up her eyes. she heard the small thumps of ciarán walking out of her room until she saw him.

"i thought you were going to make it and give me breakfast in bed. after all i am the guest." he said matching her tone and ruffling her hair.

"what do i look like your maid?"

"i mean you do wear the clothes like it." he teased her making her mouth drop.

"i was gonna make you toast but now you can eat your own food."

"bet your toast is trash anyways."

"my toast is awesome, thank you very much."

"i'll see."

"no you won't," she laughed grabbing out two slices of bread. "you making your own damn bread."

"then why you got two pieces out?" he asked cheekily thinking he was getting her toast.

"bitch, they for me." she laughed making his face fall. "make your own. you ain't seven and i ain't ya momma." she turned around going to grab two glasses, not being able to see ciarán round the corner and come up behind her. his hands hovered over her sides, contemplating for a second before thinking fuck it. his hands ran over ribs making her squeal and nearly drop the two plastic cups in her hands.

"ci! stop!" she laughed trying to get away from him but not succeeding.

he laughed holding onto autumn while tickling her. they have always had playful, and somewhat flirting, banter. that moment was one of the flirting times.

      he stopped tickling her when she was no longer able to produce words and she had to slap his arm to stop. she turned around in his grip and pushed the stray pieces of her hair away from her face.