The Interview

In the human world everyone aims to be renowned and preeminent. Someone special and out of the ordinary. Yet they don't accept someone unordinary. And I am not ordinary. I am not "normal" as they call it. I was 9 years old when the doctors concluded that I was suffering from Asperger Syndrome. My behaviour and human interaction has always been different from people around me. My parents were worried that I might be mentally ill and they might have to send me to an asylum but they were wrong. I am smart. Very smart. The doctors said I'm autistic but that doesn't mean I have inferior intelligence. It is quite contrary. I have an above average intelligence with an IQ of 149. But some dumb people don't understand this. They believe that being autistic is equivalent to being insane. I don't blame them though. Humans are stupid, most of them are.

"My baby has grown into such a handsome adult, going to a job interview for such a big company. Eomma is so proud of you baby." My mother said as she fixed my tie for the 7th time now that's already in place.

"This is my, my eleventh interview today Eomma. If my categorisation into a handsome adult is is based on going for interviews then I turned into one on 24th September 2017. 2017. You're getting old, old. Very old. You don't remember things anymore. You're old now. Old." I chuckle while speaking.

"Yes yes I'm getting old but you don't have to rub it in my face like that. And I do remember this is your 11th interview but that doesn't mean a mother can't be proud of her son. Remember baby getting selected or not doesn't matter what matters is-"

"That I tried. Unlike those who take their disorders as their weaknesses and never do anything to achieve their dreams. Such dumb human breeds. Sigh." I say completing my mother's sentence that she has been repeating since two years now, every time I go for a job interview. I don't know why she has to repeat the same thing every time. I am the one with autism who gets stuck with words. She isn't.

"You and your sharp memory. Very well, get leaving now. You don't want to get late and leave a bad impression now do you." She counsels as he brushes her palm against my coat and hands me my sunglasses. I have sensitive stimuli. So certain light and colour scare me. With my glasses everything dulls down to almost similar colours.

"I won't get late. No. I have time. Quite a lot of time." I say glancing at my watch. The interview starts at 11 AM and it's 9AM right now. It takes 1 hour 15 minutes to get to Jeon corp. I have to take a taxi for a 10 minutes drive but if I face traffic then it might take me 20-25 minutes. Taking the maximum option I'll still have 20 minutes in my hands. No I won't get late.

Just like my calculation I was standing in front of Jeon Corp's building 40 minutes earlier. After inquiring at the reception's desk I was escorted to the room where the interview was to be held. The lady kept staring at me every so often. They all do. I don't know why they do that. Humans are difficult to understand.

"The names will be called as per your serial numbers. You have to wait here until your name is being called." She instructed me as she lead me to a sofa where many more candidates were seated with their resumes in hand.

"Thank, thank you Miss. Thank you very much." I thanked her as she nodded at me with a smile on her face.

One by one names were being called and the candidates went in as per their names. I sat there silently as I waited for my turn. Soon I was called in too and so I stepped inside the luxurious looking office. My resume was already taken in by someone so that the interviewer can inspect it before hand.

The office was very spacious with very nice interiors. None of the lights inside the office was too harsh for me since I had taken off my glasses and none of them affected me in the slightest.

"Take a seat Mr Kim." A deep voice ringed in my ears as my eyes turned to look at the source of it. The man sitting on a swivel chair motioned his hands in the direction of the chair right infront of the table. His voice. I like the sound of his voice.