chapter 13: A Gentleman

Placing my fork on the now empty plate, I grab a white napkin and wipe my mouth quickly, I don't want her to see anything on my lips, it can be inappropriate, embarrassing.

She finishes as well and places her fork on her plate, then she looks at me with a small smile. I can see that she's still having trouble maintaining eyes contact with me and honestly I find this gesture arousing. Her being shy is the most beautiful thing.

"How was it?" I nod to the empty plate. I have no idea what to ask her so I guess talking about food first will be a good thing, well, I wish.

"Oh, it was good," she says, but I can tell that it wasn't that good for her taste. Personally, I found the dish pretty good. The Saint Jones have high-class workers, cookers with outstanding degrees in the gastronomic part, I don't see how anyone can hate any kind of food that are prepared behind these white doors, but of course, I respect her, not everyone has the same taste, maybe this particular plate wasn't her thing.

"I think yours is much better," she says and I can feel my heart beating a little too fast. She still has that small smile on her face, her red lips pressing together perfectly, her brown eyes or dark brown eyes, I can't say what colour they are now but they are glowing as her gaze doesn't leave my face.

"Thank you very much for this... compliment, it means a lot to me," I say. In this kind of moment, I don't regret wearing my sunglasses. Some people told me, years ago, that everything can be seen through my eyes, every emotion, and indeed, it's true, everyone knew how I felt, if I was sad, they saw it and so on, and right now, I'm getting hot, really hot that my whole body is responding strangely.

"Your dishes were the first thing I ate a few days ago," she says.

"If you want, tomorrow I can cook for you." The words slide out of my mouth before I can think about it.

"Oh no, no, you do not have to, you have other things to do," she says and if I could smile I would do it because her words are so delicate, she is so delicate.

"I want to," I reply honestly.

She doesn't say anything, instead, she nods and she looks around her but not at me. I look at my watch and realize that it's nearly 8 pm. I glance at the guys and damn, they are still playing. Eva is already drunk, I can see it clearly by the way she is throwing her head back and laughing as if there will be no tomorrow.

"Do you want to get out of here?" I don't want to rush her or make her feel uncomfortable, it's far from what I want her to feel but I really want to get out of this restaurant.

"Yes, I guess you are reading my mind." She laughs and stands up. Unwittingly, my eyes fall on her body as she pushes her dress down. She has perfect curves, but she isn't thick, on the contrary, she's thin. The way her red dress hugs her skin is truly breathtaking.

When I realize that I'm watching too much, I get up quickly before she discerns that I was checking her out as a hunter would watch his prey.

She seizes her bag and puts it on her shoulder, she waits for me to take the lead but as a gentleman— that I wanted to be for so long in my life— I signal her to go first. She go first and I follow behind, I try with all my might not look at her body, I don't want to be seen as a pervert. By giving the guys one last look, I mentally make a 'Yes' of joy by realizing that the way is clear, they won't care about where I am, I'm sure of it.

~°~

Cher

We get out of the restaurant and I have no words to illustrate what I just experienced, it was beyond perfection, it was almost a fairy tale sitting at a table with him, talking to him, hearing his stunning voice reverberating in my ears like harmonies.