chapter 52: Zeke's Declaration

Cher

As soon as the door closes behind him, I fall in a seated position on the edge of the bed. I still can feel his presence in the room, he was standing in front of the bed, his hands were on the bed, his perfume is jaunting around me.

A whole day without seeing him was the hardest affair I have dealed with in my whole life. I was sleeping half the day and even while being in another planet and far from reality, I could see him in my deepest dream. Yes, I have ludicrously dreamed of him earlier and the dream was moonstruck, perfect.

We were bathing together, in a beautiful bathtub, view on a wonderful image, on a green landscape. My naked back was against his naked chest, one of his hands, which one, I cannot remember, was on my stomach, caressing there. It was the most cocky dream I have ever had in years and it was so realistic.

Waking up was exceedingly hard because reality had said hi to me as soon as my eyes opened and settled on the empty side of the bed. A deep sigh escapes my mouth as I stand up, munching on my finger. This is stressing and irritating, a situation of pure independent. If it was legal, I would have gotten dressed and go eat something in the restaurant while waiting to see him, so, I would have stayed until the end, until there was no one else besides me, just to see him.

It was already hard not seeing him while we were not together and now it is a thousand times harder. My mind was not prepared at all, I knew directly that he is a worker and that unfortunately, he works in the kitchen which is far from the rooms but yet, a part of my brain could not perceive the reality out of the surreal. I did not know this would make me feel what I am feeling right now; pain.

It may be ridiculous because we just started something while we were nothing, but reality is; I have gotten pretty attached to him since the first encounters and this is probably my problem and my advantage. Last night before I got asleep, paranoia was chaining me and lots of scenarios were piercing in my mind, like for instance, is he really serious about the relationship? Or is this going to work?

I think every new couples are based on questions at first because it is something new and exciting. I am completely aware that he knows less about me and so do I. The thing is, I have no idea how I am going to open the "I want to know you better" subject, and from pure honesty, I pray that he will do the first step because every single part of me wants to know more about who Julian is and what is his interesting background story, I mean, I do not need to know a lot to know that he does have an interesting one, it is so obvious.

Out of nowhere, a sudden buzzing interrupt my deepest thoughts about my handsome man, and yes, it feels kind of weird to acknowledge that he is mine now. Silly me.

My eyes settles on my phone, which is sitting on one of my pillows on the bed. I walk to it, and check out the number without grabbing it. The smile that plaster on my face as soon as I see the name is enough to show how happy I am to know that the person is still alive and that he is definitely the good friend on this cruise.

I flop on the bed and press green quickly before the call ends. My heart is practically going wild in my chest as if I just ran four miles. And his voice is perfectly enough to make my brain go all crazy and full of funny thoughts. I want to laugh because out of a sudden the image of what happened the night he invited me to the restaurant appears in my mind, clear and neat. This was hilarious.

"Hello?" I say as I hear nothing from the other side.

"Oh, hello beautiful! How's my cutie doing?" He asks joyfully which cause a brighter smile to shape on my face.

"You know, the same old thing," I reply, still smiling as I cannot get rid of it.

"Good. I miss you!" He whines, like a baby. Honestly, I miss him too. Every time I am with him I feel as great as ever and I am in love with the feeling of being calm and easily accepted by someone that was once again, an unknown person.