chapter 23: I'm Zeke

Cher

The whole time I was outside, the only thing I was hearing about was tonight's event, the Goldie's night, and honestly, if I had not been out today, I would not have had a clue.

A woman was talking while I was sunbathing earlier, she said that exceptionally for this event all women have to wear golden dresses and that is when I realised I do not have a gold dress, actually I have nothing in gold.

I really want to participate in this party, I feel like I need a little refreshment after what happened to me yesterday. Being sick on a cruise trip is definitely a bad thing, but now that I am feeling completely well, I think that it is time for me to move my buttocks and do something about the 'dress' problem.

As I descend the stairs towards the clothing store, I take a glimpse of my watch and comprehend that I have no more than an hour to grab a golden dress.

My white flip flops hit hard against the wooden floor as I head quickly to the store. There are several stores here but there is only one that sells fancy clothes for fancy nights, nothing better than a good quality store with good quality dresses.

The store 'Fancies' appear in my view, I halt in front of it and look through the glass, I can see so many dresses, all for fancy events. I waste no time to push the door open which cause a bell to ring above my head. The atmosphere in the room is fresh, air conditioner is running, the cold air hits my exposed skin and I am only wearing a swimsuit for the pool.

"Good afternoon, how may we help you?" A young girl, wearing a red dress and high heels accompanied by another girl who is wearing a black pencil skirt with a red shirt asks me, a broad smile dragging on their faces.

"I am looking for a golden dress, please," I say politely and my eyes wander around me, trying to catch the glimpse of anything in gold but, I can not see anything in the fabric I am looking for.

"We can help you, just wait there," says the one wearing a skirt and both of them walk towards the back of the store. I take this moment to look at the dresses that are hanging everywhere. There are so many varieties that choosing will be difficult, most of them are all are long dresses, like the ones women wore in the nineteenth century.

"Okay, we have all this in gold." The voice of the girls reach my ears, I turn around and my eyes widen at the number of dresses they bring with them. Are they expecting me to wear it all?

"We'll put them all in the dressing room and you can take your time to choose the one you like the most. Cynthia will be standing by the door so you can give her the dresses you don't want," she says and nods towards the woman in the pencil skirt, Cynthia.

"Okay," I respond and they walk towards a dressing room, they open the door and put the dresses inside, on the bench.

"You will have to take this off," mumbles the woman in red dress, as she gestures to my white swimsuit. I nod and get into the dressing room, and close the door behind me.

There is a large mirror in here, large enough for me to feel comfortable.

I take off my swimsuit with great difficulty, and I hope that nobody is paying too much attention to me because I am a mess. The swimsuit is literally stuck to my body, as if it were my own skin.

Finally, I take it off with a loud huff, then I grab the first dress and put it on. The dress is simple, all golden with thin straps, it does not show too many necklines, it is a good point but it is too long, it is literally past my ankle, how will I be able to walk with heels, I am going to break my face and damage myself even more. With one last look at the fabric on me, I shake my head and take remove it, then I knock on the door and give the dress to the woman.