chapter 37: Follow Me

We arrive in front of a small building, a two-story building, painted white. The lower building is closed, only a huge panel is visible, on the panel there are images of food, vegetables, fish and other delicious dishes.

The scent of food enters my nostrils and I sniff like a dog. I look at Julian who is looking into his bag, looking for something. I keep looking around wondering what we are doing in front of this building, there is no sight of a restaurant, not in front of me anyways. People are walking the other way, where I guess the restaurants are.

"Come on," Julian says when his bag is back on his shoulders. He reaches for my hand and guides me to the left. The further we go, the more the smell of food enters my nose, making my stomach groan with hunger, showing me how empty it is but still, there is no sign of food nor of a restaurant. Where is he taking me?

We arrive at a staircase, which leads to I do not know where. I guess he feels my discomfort because he gives me a nod, reassuring me in a certain way.

He does not let go of my hand as we walk up the stairs. He takes two steps at a time, missing one stairs, maybe he forgets that my legs are not as long as his.

Finally the reach upstairs and holy cow, I can not believe my eyes. The view in front of us is breathtaking, wonderful! He walks forwards and I keep following, in a blaze. From where we are, we can clearly see the blue ocean and the mass of huge green trees mixed with the red of a few houses or small buildings here and there. Such perfection.

Julian guides me to what I can call a terrace and towards a table for two. He let go of my hand and pushes a chair for me so that I can sit down, I thanks him and sit down on the white chair, placing my bag on the wooden floor which seems to be so clean and polished as if it had been wiped for hours. He takes a seat in front of me, the perfect view blending behind his beauty.

A few people are sitting to our left, eating, talking. The fresh air hit us, the perfect combination of weather. I am so excited and happy that my first trip to the Caribbean is starting like this, with a God before me.

He places both his arms on the table after he finishes putting his bag down as well. He clears his throat and the tension begins again. I rub my bare shoulder while he rubs his wrist. Maybe we look ridiculous, or cute, I do not know. Ridiculous will mean two dumb people sitting opposite each other, shyness written all other our faces.

Mother nature, he is perfect. I like it when he wears casual clothes. The way the muscles of his arms are naked to my eyes is stunning, they look hard and strong, he has to work hard for them. He has a necklace around his neck, gold. It is buried inside his black plain shirt. I would like to see the design of it, maybe it is something he treasures.

"Good morning, what will you like to have?" A short woman appears next to me, which kind of take me off guard. Her voice is sweet and almost like the voice of a little girl, so cute. She is wearing a green shirt with red flowers print on it and her lower part is covered with a thin sheet, with multicolour flower prints.

She is beautiful, her skin dark, glowing. Sometimes I tend to dream of having such skin, they look so moisturize, so strong and perfect. Her face is clean, no pimples nor black spot. I would love to know what she uses to keep her skin so clean. She is smiling, so comfy and warm. Even the people here makes the trip better.

"We're going to take lunch. For me it's going to be tea and vegetable fritters, please," Julian says while reading on the menu card and the woman writes the order on a piece of paper. How different it is here compared to the cruise, here I feel more earth to earth, seeing her using a piece of paper and a pen, not a notepad.

"What about you, ma'am?" She asks, turning to me. I look at the menu, trying to pick up something, everything looks to be so delicious, the pictures next to each foods are attracting me, if only I could have it all.