Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ The Bravery of a Rose ~ Part Two

All Rights Reserved.

⤝O⤞

Rose's POV

My head pounded painfully as I slowly regained feeling in my body. I could hear a slight buzz in my ear, making it hard to focus on everything around me.

Slowly, I could feel every part of my body radiating in agony as if though I was battered around for the most part of my life.

My eyes opened from the heavy induced slumber and I could faintly see the ground moving from underneath me. I was laying on the back of a brown horse, hands tied behind my back, and my stomach was pressed against the back of the horse.

My legs could only dangle from the end, the once beautiful red gown that I had worn was torn from all sides.

Well, there goes wearing that again.

I became more attentive with every passing moment and my fingers started to twitch from the rope burning its mark into my skin.

I could hear the sounds of various voices speaking, as well as the cries of the other women who had been captured.

Oh. That's right. I was taken.

Memories of Nikolai's worried face flooded my mind and I began to tremble as the situation i'm in settled in my mind.

I was captured. Along with a number of other girls. By Levon. Who's actually in league with the Ceasians. My heart began to sink deeper into my stomach and a dark miasmic feeling began to swallow it whole.

My breathing became ragged, my eyes grew wide and were brimming with unshed tears.

I was scared.

I could see the legs of the individual that rode the horse along with me, and I became more fearful of being so close to the enemy.

Was that Levon?

I tried to become more aware of my surroundings without giving up the illusion of me still being knocked out. I could feel the harsh wind against my pale cheeks and short brown locks. The moving ground below me revealed stony rocks making a rugged path.

I tried to remain calm as I slowly lifted my head to look to the side and I almost gasped in horror when I noticed the familiar obsidian jagged mountains.

The Mountains of Wozoid.

The feeling of absolute terror was inalienable and I tried to steady my heart in order to think clearly. If we were at the Mountain of Wozoid, that meant only a partial amount of time had passed and there was still a high chance of being rescued.

Right?

Hearing the loud screams of the women around me showed that the information about where we were going wasn't esoteric.

"Well, well, well, look who finally awoke from their slumber," I heard the cold voice that made my body erupt in painful goosebumps. I closed my eyes tightly hoping he wasn't addressing me.

"Now, now, Rose, don't try to play that farce with me," I heard him say, and my heart quaked when the horse stopped it's movements. I felt hands on my hair and my head was suddenly lurched upward, forcing me to look at  Levon's cruel brown eyes.

Pain exploded from my head, and I could feel the bruising from our last encounter.

The smug look in his eyes made me want to scratch his eyes out. He was lucky I was tied up.