Chapter 23

Your POV:

The sun went down long ago, only its rays that reflected of the moon lit up the sidewalks.

I strained my eyes, keeping watch on everything. If anyone took the van our ticket out of here would be gone with it.

Its just parked there, unguarded and unlocked, ready for taking.

"Mm yaaA mal haji" jimin mumbles in his sleep, trailing off to incomprehensible sounds.

6th time so far, i can tell its his voice without even needing to turn back anymore.

Doo doo doo doo doo

If the plan doesn't work out well we are all fucking screwed. Holy sheet... theres literally no plan B, its plan A or die.

A cold hand holds my shoulder "(Y/n)," a hoarse voice calls.

Whaat the flippity flappity jiminey crickety.

I jump out of my skin, my hands automatically raise ready to fight.

But only innocent doe eyes stare back.

"Aigo jungkook," I sigh in relief and my hands relax. I guess im still on edge, always on edge.

...wait.

"Yah paboya! Anjeo," I whisper shout at him.
(Eng: Hey you idiot! Sit)

His eyes grow wider and his bottom lip juts out abit as I usher him towards the bed.

What the hell, he's in absolutely zero condition to be walking, its only been 2 days since the injury. How can he just ... maybe its not just Namjoon that was made in a lab.

He plops down on the mattress, wearing the same pouty expression that was now iluminated by the faint glow of the moon.

"Nuna-"

"Nuna-animnida," I slap his knee and sit down on the floor near him.
(Im not your 'older sister')

His eyebrows jump up to his hairline. Hehe he wasn't the only one picking up a new language.

"Okay. You korean can speak?" He asks as his eyes dart all over my face, examining it all.

"Jogeum,"
(A little)

His pouted lips changed into an o shape, as he 'uwah-ed' at what I said.

"Namjoon hyung teach" His fingers point at himself.

..okay fine, I guess he's gonna forget about when I spent nearly an hour teaching him to pronounce the letter f but whatever, its okay Namjoon hyung will forever be his Namjoon hyung.

"Namjoon hyung teach?" This time his fingers pointed at me.

I shook my head in response. He smiled and leaned back, quickly leaning forward again he sharply inhaled, his eyes shot wide open.

"Apayo?" I point at his foot whilst already scrambling to get the first-aid kit from the bedside table.
(Does it hurt?)

He shook his head but it was evident something was wrong, he was alarmed ..but at what?

I looked at his foot, there was no blood on the bandages, and he wasn't griping his foot or anything.

"Wae wae wae?"
(Why×3)

"I no chika chika," he replied.

Chiken what?

I stare at him perplexed.

"Chika chika," he repeated, trying to get up this time, but I stood up first, holding him by the shoulders so that he doesn't move another inch.

"Chika chika," he repeats again, this time moving his index finger up and down in front of his exposed teeth.

The confusion only grew within me, what ..is he trying to do ...brush his teeth?

"Chee..ka chika?" I asked again.

He gave an affirmative nod and continued moving his finger whilst saying the word on repeat.

...I guess it means brushing teeth?

I point at the slightly ajar door of the tiny attatched bathroom.

He nods twice this time

"But you dont have a toothbrush,"

...now its his turn to be confused.

"Two...fff...bruh-shhi," he repeats, pausing between each syllable. His eyes look at me expectantly, waiting for either approval or disapproval of his pronounciation.

...not gonna lie, he's picking up english really fast as of late.

"What is twoffrbuhrush?"

"This," I grab hold of that index finger that was still moving up and down and side to side in front of his mouth

He stares at our hands, mine was so much smaller in comparison, just covering a little over half his index finger despite having my entire palm around his.

In little moments like these as always the tips of his ears turn a wonderful shade of crimson and so do my cheeks

A small smile dances along his thin pink lips as he continually stares.

"Gwiyeobda," his gentle voice says
(Cute)

..gwi ..yeobda? ..gwi should mean ear

"(Y/n) ...I ..I think I," he bites down on his lip, softly nibbling on it as he looks away.

I sit next to him, trying to meet his constantly wandering eyes once more. "You can tell me,"

He sucks his teeth, glancing between me and his slightly balled up fists.

"You," he confidently says, staring
directly into my eyes, as quickly as the confidence came it left.

"I ...joha" his slightly less than confident voice lingers in the silent room as he expectantly looks at me.
(Like)

...what on earth is joh-a

"Joh-aa?" I ask back, while butchering the pronunciation.

He nods affirmatively.

"What does it mean?"

"Igeo or geugeo,"
( this and that, respectively, but is the closest equivalent to 'it' in korean)

My jaw fell open in confusement, slowly but surely his expression soon matches mine. Confusion seeps onto both of our faces as we try to deduce the failed communication.

"Mwo?"

"What?"

We simultaneously ask each other in our respective mother tongues.

Silence settled in as he looked away, deep in thought. I focused on his side profile, almost as though I was examining him.

Noticing everything from a faded scar on his cheek to a brand new pimple and his chin which was starting to look a little stubbly and even a tiny mole on his pinkie.

Everything although seemingly pointless pieces of information was the utmost captivating thing in my mind at the moment.

And finally when he looked back...

This strange korean man in his 20's that I barely knew and could barely communicate with seemed to be the only absolute thing that mattered right now.

With the silvery moonlight gently shining on him, perfectly highlighting every feature on his face I was absloutely mesmerised. 

Im pretty sure I didn't like-like him, we can barely even talk after all but holy cow why is he so ..wow.

"We again start," he says, breaking the silence first.

I nodded eagerly.

"You," he points at me.

"Me," i point at myself

"I," he points at himself

"You," i point at him

"Hey (y/n) what do you think about the current situation, should we go?" A hand is placed on both my shoulder and jungkooks, slowly pushing us apart, while the owner, Namjoon, squeezed his head between us.