Chapter 46

Sean POV:

I could do nothing but watch as that other guy, keeps his arm around her. Talking to her gently, comforting her.

A few months ago that would have been me.

I shouldn't have locked the damn door. I was so scared of losing her to death, but losing her like this is tenfold worse.

Im glad she's safe but she shows up with some new guys and is buddy-buddy with all of them from what I've seen.

Especially that junglebook guy, I don't like him. She always looks up at him so warmly and lovingly while she looks at me with pure hatred and revulsion ever since she came home.

She only seemed to have more revulsion for the half-dead guy on the floor than me.

Her uncle didn't even bat an eye at the situation, it was normal of her to do this once she was determined there was no coaxing her out. Even I've never been able too.

My fingers twirled the gem of Alices necklace between themselves.

Who am I kidding, even before she went missing she never looked at me the same way she looks at junglebook.

I glanced down at the gem

Can't believe the little shit died before even getting the satisfaction of knowing she was right all along. She would always say (y/n) never saw me in the way I saw her.

It was always platonic for (y/n), probably why she allowed pecks on her head and forehead but never anywhere else from me and she never once placed her own lips onto me, willingly atleast, but she pecked junglebooks cheek like its a norm.

I looked over at Clarissas lifeless form and now with her gone too ...

Ah no no. Dont focus on that.

Tears pricked at my eyes, I hurriedly rub them off. I almost hated crying in public as much as (y/n) does.

I tuned into her conversation with him, it was a mixture of languages. English I could recognise and a second one ...korean was it?

Words were substitued in here and there I couldn't quite understand.

Then she put down the gun.

I scoffed, not believing it. She really ...she's never been like this.

What on Earth went down outside the walls!

She straightened up, face like a blank canvas, eyes bone dry. Typical.

"Now how are we getting out of here?" She asked, her voice sounded hollow.

"Your uncle has that covered too," I replied.

Her eyes flickered to me and for once there was a decrease in the revulsion. The burning fire of her hatred was still there but dampened slightly.

I smiled at her. Even if she hates me, I'll still stick by her till she hates me less. No matter how long it takes and even if it only sends me plumetting down the friendzone.

"It'll be easier to show you, let's go," her uncle strode over and held the door open.

He's the most valued member right now, without him I'd still be stuck in the other classroom, he found me amidst his search for the rest of them. He told me everything about Clarissa already, I wish I'd reached here sooner to thank her for trying to save Alice.

If only.

"Wait, we need to bring Clarissa home," (y/n)s voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I see her scrambling over to the body and picking it up.