Chapter 30

Your POV:

Hobi, Jin and I managed to squeeze in together in the rather small front bench seat, I between the two. Their bright bubbly selves now only a fraction of what they usually are. Jin is near his burnout point, driving for that long is taking its toll.

But he's not letting anyone else takeover, I heard him telling them to rest instead with whatever fragments of their language I could grasp.

Hobi says the back is dark and scary and I had to be in front, to keep watch, so here we sit like a human sandwich.

Hobi saw it too, he kept secretively glancing back at the site. He may be a better spy than Seokjin and Taehyung were but not by much.

He fears what I fear too, that we were being tailed.

Those eyes were much too human to be anything else.

-

"hyung, hyuung, hyuuUUUNG," Hoseok screeched, my left ear receiving the full volume, not even 15 minutes into the drive.

Jin yelled back. His voice may be deeper but that didn't stop him from reaching 3 octaves higher than usual while they yelled.

Before my mind registered anything else Jin made a sharp right turn. Hoseoks body fell on mine and mine onto Jin and Jin onto the window, like dominoes.

His hands stayed firmly clutched onto the streering wheel despite that, trying to regain control over the skidding van.

A commotion of confused and worried voices rose in the back of the van.

The unholy sound of metal against metal rung in the air as we jolted forward, silencing everyone. The van teetered towards the side, sending the weight of our domino ordeal onto Hoseok this time.

My left arm getting crushed in the process.

Everything settled as the van slowly teetered back to normal, Jins side against the abandoned school bus which stopped our van spiralling right off the highway.

What the!

But theres no time for questions the crash drew zombies towards us, all their empty heads turning, bodies following.

I slide open the partitioning window "Dont leave the van," I warned those at the back.

"Down! down!" I urged the other two as I slid down, pulling hobi down with me into the space where out feet should be.

Jin being much more muscular couldn't fit here, instead I push him down onto the seats, forcing him to lay laterally, out of sight.

There weren't too many on the road, they'll lose interest and leave as long as they don't see us.

"Jin, what happened, was there someone on the road? why did you-"

His eyes waver, lips pressed into a pleasant smile... he doesnt get me does he?

"Why turn?" I held my arms out in front, pretending to grip a steering wheel, "vrooom vroom," I tilted myself onto hobi "vreeeeee."

"Ah!" He softly exclaimed, understanding me.

"Doy middle road there,"

Doy? Boy? There was a boy in the midle of the road?

Well, we have to do something we can't just- what if its not a boy

"Are you sure you saw a boy?"

"Ani ani, no," he shakes his hands.
(No no)

"The doy." He repeats.