||5||

It's been 6 weeks since I saw you kissing a woman on our favourite restaurant

My world fell apart. I was utterly distraught. You had completely betrayed and hurt to a degree beyond comprehension.

While you were seated with her on our usual table,I stood in the corner and staring at you anxiously.

At that moment,our marriage just seemed to disappear in thin air. I forgot that I was your wife and not a mistress.

I watched as you held her hands and kiss her forehead every now and then. And then I saw you smile.

You looked so happy. Content and at the greatest level of peace.

Your eyes that once used to burn with passion and desire for me were now giving away the same emotions but for her.

That burning passion that once kept us yearning for each other's arms had died -atleast for you.

I didn't run towards your table and yank you by your shirt collar and slap for your infidelity.

I didn't pull that piece of trash sitting beside you by her dirty blonde hair and knock her some senses for daring to touch you.

Instead,I ran away from that place like a coward.

As if I was the one at fault.

And I regret that now.

Once I got back home,I cried. I felt sick. I wanted to run away but where should I go? The only place I had was my father's house which has been closed for me simce the day I married you.

And now that I'm writing this I can't help but remember my mother's word.

'A person who values you, wouldn't ever put themselves in a position to lose you'

I guess,I got my answer about how much you value me.

But still,I love you truly,I swear