||13||

It's amazing,isn't it?

Like at one moment you are happy, carefree and in the next you are lying on the cold,hard ground..grieving.

I don't know what just happened yesterday...it just happened so fast.

I lost our baby,yesterday.

A week ago,I found out that I was pregnant with our child. I called you the moment I came to know about it. You didn't answer the call,ofcourse.

Then I tried calling you the next day and she answered the call.

You know,I knew that I would have to confront her one day and had been mentally prepared for that. But when she answered your call,I felt something worse than pain. No,it was not anger or envy.

I felt empty.

I asked her to hand over the phone to you. She refused.

Instead,she said,"Listen,Isla,I know that you know about us. Don't take this harshly but...leave him,Isla. Sebastian...I love him. We are trying to take the next step,you know...we have planned to get married and have kids and all...I'll be divorcing Cooper. Leave him,please. He loves me...not you."

That did it...broke everything that was left.

A part of me wanted to believe in you but...

Yesterday,I was having breakfast and I noticed something wet between my legs. I was bleeding.

There was no one at home to call for help. I never felt so helpless,Sebastian. Never.

So,I tried calling you. You didn't answer.

Then,I tried calling dad,my brothers. No one answered the call.

Atlast,I called Cooper.

And to my surprise,he answered my call. I told him what happened and he came running to me.

Leaving his work behind.

For me.

But,it was too late.

I lost my baby.

The doctor said it happened because of too much stress.

And the entire time,Cooper held me tightly. He held my head to his chest and ran his thumb over my hand soothingly. His entire body was stiff as if he was suffering. As if the child was his. As if he lost his child.

I noticed him for the first time. His black hair,his built body,his high cheekbones and his black eyes.

Eyes that held so much warmth,love,care,kindness.

A look into his pitch black eyes told me that he knew everything.

He knew that we both were in this together.

And,at that very moment,I wished I had chosen him as my life partner...not you.

not you