||16.5||

ISLA WALSH stared at Cooper with a blank expression as the latter stared at the gift she gave in shock and absolute panic.

Cooper swallowed thickly and took a glance at Isla's expressionless face as his chest heaved. "I-I-....Isla, I-"

"I what, Cooper?" Isla raised a challenging brow and kept the gift- Cooper's diaries - on the coffee table.

"How did you get those diaries? I di- fuck! Sofia!?" Cooper's growled and his face turned red with anger.

"Doesn't matter" Isla rolled her eyes," Look, I just want some answers, Cooper. I'm not angry. So sit and..relax...I'm gonna kill you." She assured and motioned him to sit across her.

Cooper ran his hand on his face and sat down,bracing himself for the questions. "Go ahead. Ask..."

A moment of silence enveloped between the two as they stared at each other's expressionless face.

"Why did you never tell me?" Isla asked," You know, that..you love me. Why?"

"I wrote about this in-"

"I want to hear it from you, Cooper"

"I...I never knew-you-oh fuck off. Fine. I think you know about my life before I met him? My mum's suicide and then getting adopted by the Tomlinson's,hm?" As Isla gave him a nod, he continued," Well, I was a lonely child, alright...even before my mum's death and even after adoption. It wasn't that my new family or my mum didn't love me. They did and I did too. But...I was just lonely. There was no one there for me. You know, what I mean,right? Anyway, then I met Sebastian one day"

Cooper shook his head and took a deep breath. " He was an A-grade asshole even then" he laughed.

"I loved to be alone and he loved to make sure I wasn't alone. He wanted to be my friend. I knew that he wouldn't last a day when he'll come to know about my background and how some people made fun of me and called me names for being the way I was....But he did."

Cooper smiled and his gaze shifted to a photo frame of Sebastian as memories flooded through his eyes.

" It was like he was another part of me,you know? Like a twin brother sort of. And with him I wasn't lonely or depressed anymore....I was happy to a great extent. I started to mingle with people....I became normal."

"And then...you came into our lives" He said and met Isla's eyes.

To be contd....