Chapter 9

Thank you so so so so much for all the support I really hope you'll love this book as much as the first one! Ly💖

"Daddy? Daddy where are you? I hurt my knee" Jake cried out loud making Christopher rush out of the kitchen to the living room to see his son sitting on the floor at the end of the stairs, crying his eyes out.
He rushed towards him and he immediately picked him up in his arms.
"What happened buddy??"
"I tripped a-and fell. It hurts" Jake kept crying with his face buried in Christopher's neck.
"Shhh. You'll be alright you're a big boy! Let me see it" Christopher broke the hug and looked at Jake's knee. The skin had turned to a red colour but no bruises or cuts were shown. He took Jake to the kitchen and placed him on a chair before he grabbed some ice and wrapped it with a small towel.
"here" Chris said and placed it on his knee. He then looked in his son's eyes trying to understand if he was still in pain.
Jake had calmed down after a while but he was still looking down with a big pout.
"What if I tell you some good news? Will that cheer you up?" Christopher asked stroking Jake's hair.
"maybe.."
"Well...mommy may come back tonight" Christopher said earning Jake's full attention.
He lifted his head up as soon as he heard that phrase and he widened his eyes. A huge smile made its way up to Jake's face.
"REALLY?" he shouted excited earning a chuckle from Chris.
"yes Jakey...let's go cook now shall we?"
"YES YES YESSSS!" Jake started screaming while moving around in his father's embrace and giggling..

~

It was almost 8pm.
Felix had already messaged Chan and sent him an address saying he should be there at 9.
Time wouldn't pass.
Christopher was feeling like he would explode on the inside.
He was so nervous and scared.

He was currently just sitting on the couch of the living room watching his son as he was lying on the floor playing with his toys.
Jake looked so happy since the moment Christopher told him you'd return home tonight.
But will you? What if Christopher fails?
So many thoughts running around in his mind.
He just wanted to have you back. He wanted to have his small happy family back.
Nothing more, nothing less.

"Jakey dont lay on the floor you'll get sick" Chris suddenly said, leaving his thoughts and worries about you aside for a bit.
"but I like it here" Jake pouted
"would you want mommy to find you sick when she's back? She went on a trip to relax let's not make her get more tired" Christopher said but he immediately regretted referring you again.

Jake shook his head quickly with a smile on his face before he jumped on the couch laying down and resting his head on his father's lap.
"Can I lay here?" Jake asked with his cute grin still on.
"always" Christopher said and they both giggled before Jake handed him a dinosaur so that they would play together..