six

November 12th

Jacob was doing a shit job of cheering Bella up

Jacob was doing a shit job of cheering Bella up. She had been going back to school but wasn't interacting...yet. She was currently in her bronco right outside of Bella's house, in running clothes, ready to make Bella wake up. She had warned Charlie that she would be over so she was relieved to find the door unlocked. She runs up to Bella's room and barges in, pulling the blanket off her body.

"Get up," Tatum says, watching as the girl jerks up. "We're going on a run. No getting out of it."

Bella gets out of bed without arguing. To be 100% honest, she was a little scared of Tatum. Not in the way where she wanted to cry whenever she was around, but the kind of scary where you didn't question her reasoning.

Tatum left the room and soon enough, the two were jogging through the streets. They had passed multiple people who had been shocked to see Bella doing any type of physical thing. Of course, the two had to take a break somewhere. So they stopped by the diner to get breakfast.

"So, we'll ride back and you can get ready and I'll drive us in," Tatum says, taking a bite of her English Muffin.

"You're wearing sweaty clothes to school?"

"No, I have spare clothes in my car," Tatum says, watching as Bella takes a scoop of her oatmeal. Nothing was on it, no brown sugar, no milk, no nothing. It was plain. "You know, eggs are a major source of protein. It helps rebuild tissue you've lost or torn."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but oatmeal gives you antioxidants. It's healthy but shouldn't be eaten every day," Tatum says, taking another bite of her food. Eggs, sausage, English Muffin with Margarine, and coffee. "Fruits are also an essential food. They give you the vitamins that you need to survive."

"Why do you know so much about food?" Bella asks, eating her toast.

"Bailey went through this whole diet thing after her pregnancy, she made me join her with it."

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's been like, a year."

"Almost exactly a year."

●○●

November 30th

School had gone by like normal. School was normal, like, the old normal. Like, before Bella knew Edward. She was hanging out with Jessica, Mike, Eric, and Angela. Tatum had gone back to hanging out in the library with Mr. Wang, but at least he was nice company.

Her routine was the same every week.

Monday was driving Avery to and from school, eating lunch with Mr. Wang, going to the Art room during study hall, and making supper.

Tuesday was driving Avery to and from school, reading during lunch, doing history homework for the week, and watching a movie with Avery.

Wednesday was driving Avery to and from school, eating lunch with Angela and them, doing science homework for the week, and taking an online college class.

Thursday was driving Avery to and from school, running with Bella, reading during lunch, doing mathematic homework for the week, and taking another online college class.

Friday was driving Avery to and from school, college classes, eating at the diner, skype with Jasper, and watching a movie with Avery and her dad.

It had become so repetitive that she didn't realize three weeks had passed by without a single change. It was Friday so she was sitting in her room, waiting for Jasper's call. But, it never came. After an hour of waiting, she decided to call him herself. Her call was declined.

Then she took a moment and recognized the repetitive schedule. It was getting really boring, she needed to do something different. So, she got her coat and started her car up.

"Dad! I'm going out!" Tatum shouts through the house.

"I'm right here," her dad says from the couch. He was watching cartoons with Avery. "Just be back before 11. If you are out any later, I will send a search party."

"I'm just going to the Quileute area." Tatum grabs her keys and waves to her dad. She hops into her truck and quickly starts it up.

She knew she'd get an earful once she visits Jasper in South Carolina...if she told him. Tatum shakes her and focuses on the road. She promised to tell him everything. She wasn't going to break that promise. She loved him too much.

Then her phone rang. It was from Jasper.

●○●

A/N: hey, so I'm publishing this chapter reeeeeeallly early because I need to know if you guys would want a smut chapter. It would probably be towards the end of the book but this one is significantly shorter. That or it would be in the next book.

Sorry Aspen😅