onze

December 12th

After flying from Seattle to NYC, Avery was dead on the inside

After flying from Seattle to NYC, Avery was dead on the inside. The little guy had fallen fast asleep as his aunt carried him everywhere. Henry Fernsby had quickly grown annoyed with TSA as they had to check his luggage not only once, but twice. All because of his laptop being in his bag. Tatum had been quick to offer to take over for him as he went to the airport gate. Tatum shifted her nephew in her arms and adjusted her gray baseball cap that kept her messy hair our of her face.

"Ma'am? Do you have proof that this is your child?" the agent asks her with a sigh.

"Oh, he's not mine." Tatum immediately regretted saying that. "He's my nephew. His mom died so I'm taking care of him with my dad."

Tatum internally cursed herself wildly as the TSA agent gave her a strange look. Tatum took off her backpack carefully and pulled out Avery's birth certificate before handing it to the agent. He looked at this thoroughly before handing it back and letting Tatum take her dad's suitcase.

She quickly let out a small breath of air. She hated security at airports, she always got nervous because she was scared she was going to get caught. Even though she didn't carry anything dangerous.

Seeing a coffee joint, Tatum made a small detour to get a black coffee.

Looking at her coffee, she realized how everything had changed about her. She was a senior in high school, she was going to be a guardian soon, she had fallen in love, she had been heartbroken, and she had changed.

Her confidence had piqued.

Her smarts were doubled.

She felt protected while protecting another.

Hell, even her coffee order had changed drastically.

She had had the same thought process some night previously, so none of this had caused her to become emotional like the last time. She had spent the night crying to herself while her unfinished homework just sat on her bed. But she had enough of crying. She was going to enjoy these moments.

Yes, she was in danger.

Yes, she knew she might not be able to make it if she was caught.

Yes, she knew this trip was dangerous.

But Alice had already cleared that she'd be safe and that a message would be sent out immediately if anything looked suspicious. There was no message. No worries from the future teller. Tatum had no reason to worry.

After finding the gate she was supposed to be at, Tatum sat down next to dad as Avery slept on her. Her dad had a neck pillow on and his arms crossed. Tatum tried stifling her laughter when snores echoed out of her mouth. She ignored the looks she was getting from an elderly woman sitting next to her husband, who was trying his best not to giggle.

Tatum carefully shifted her nephew around grabbed her earbuds from her backpack and pulled out her MP3 player. She turned through her music and found her new favorite band. Before her mom had left, she had bought Tatum most of Destiny's Child's music.

She leaned her head back and let the music play. The beautiful harmony swayed her to close her eyes and eventually drift off to sleep. However, peaceful sleep decided to shuffle past Tatum. Instead, it let nightmare take its place in her head.

"Tatum Jay Fernsby, you have managed to not only defy my orders but do the exact opposite of them!" Alec Volturi shouted at the young girl. She was wearing a white sundress and her hair was down.

She was scared because she couldn't physically see him. She could only hear his voice shout at her, "You are the cause of all this death!"

She was confused by his words. She surely hadn't killed anyone. She knew she hadn't.

"Look around you, stupid girl. Smell the scent of death around you!"

Tatum looked around her and only saw black until a white light shone behind her.

There in the distance, four bodies lay still.

Her dad.

Her mom.

Her sister.

Bella.

She was shocked to see Bella and her mom. She never truly thought that she cared about them. She had only spent a little time with Bella, but she could now realize the connection. She had become a sister to Bella. Maybe she didn't see it the same way but she knew that deep deep DEEP down, Tatum cared just the slightest bit for her.

After looking at the people, she realized they weren't breathing.

Then, she felt someone's cold hands clamp down uncomfortably hard on her shoulders. They leaned down to speak into her ear.

"You thought you could save them, darlin'?"

She knew her cowboy. This wasn't her cowboy.

"No, this isn't right. I need to go home," Tatum turned around and saw Jasper but with bright red eyes. His smile was no longer loving but incredibly unsettling. He grabbed her shoulders again.

"You think I loved you? Truly you aren't that stupid, or are you, little girl?"

That was enough.

Tatum jolted up, her nephew jolting along with her. His small, sleepy eyes looked all over his aunt's face. She blinked a couple of times before sending her nephew a small smile. He did the same before resting his head on her chest again. Tatum strokes his head of blonde-ish hair.

Even in her worst nightmares, she could never imagine her nephew in harms way.

●○●
sorry this took forever :/