trente-une

June 17th

Standing in her cap and gown, Tatum looks around the crowd as she gives her valedictorian speech

Standing in her cap and gown, Tatum looks around the crowd as she gives her valedictorian speech. She sees Bella and Edward canoodling next to each other with Alice on the other side of Edward. She sees Jessica, Angela, Mike, and Eric all sitting next to each other, congratulating Jess after she had previously given her speech. She sees Keith in the crowd. He looked a little on the worse side but he looked better with his hand held onto another man's.

Finally, Tatum's eyes rest on Jasper's. He was standing near the back with Avery in his arms. He had a deep purple button up and black slacks on. His hair was being played with by her nephew. Jasper notices her eyes on them and whispers something to Avery before he waves excitedly. "HI AUNTIE!"

The crowd chuckles and laughs as the 4-year-old waves to his aunt. Tatum stops part of her speech to acknowledge the little human in her lover's arms. She continues on, her speech causing some people to tear up and others to laugh at old memories.

"...now that we are done with this chapter of life. It's time to move onto the next. But this next chapter is a test. A test as to how we chose to live our lives without the chains of school rules and class schedules to dictate what we do. Now it's up to us on how to keep going. This is not the end of the book, just the beginning of our next chapter. And it's up to us on what we are. The hero, the villain, or the bystander. It's up to us. And to quote RuPaul, "Don't eff it up". Thank you."

Laughter and rounds of claps are echoed around the gym as Tatum shakes Mrs. Meyer's hand and exits the stage. She takes her seat next to Alice. The pixie haired vampire leans towards her, "I loved your speech. Especially the story part. And the part where Avery interrupted."

Tatum places a caring hand on Alice's arm as a quiet thank you. 

The ceremony goes along as the class officially graduates. The class dispersed into the crowd of parents. But Tatum went straight for her lover and nephew. She takes the young boy in her arms and kisses her lover's cheek. "Darlin', I'm proud of you and your RuPaul quotes."

Soon enough, Henry joins the three and they head to the Cullen's house for a party Alice had insisted on having. Henry joins the adults in Carlisle's studies with wine and party games as the others host the party downstairs.

Oblivious to Tatum, whom was swaying with Jasper, some of the wolf pack had arrived. She should've known something when Jasper's posture had stiffened but she played it off because of Jessica and Angela approaching them. 

"Tate! You did so goo-"

"Don't call her Tate," Jasper interuppts Jessica's compliment. "That's saved for her nephew only."

The woman on hand nudges his shoulder softly. She suddenly spots Edward and Alice looking at her lover longingly and she gets what they wanted, "Jaz, Al and Eddy want you for a moment."

Jasper cautiously looks down at his love and sucks in an unnecessary breath so she understands his distaste of leaving her alone. But, he does as she suggests after she gives him a hard glare and a little push. 

As soon as Jasper is out of normal hearing distance, Jessica grumbles, "Jeez, grouchy much? How do you stand him sometimes?"

Tatum tries not to giggle, knowing that he could totally hear her, "I dunno. I guess the six pack helps."

And just like that, everything went back into motion. They danced and laughed. Angela even cried. But of course, all good things must come to an end. The parties end was when Emmett escorted everyone out. Something was going wrong and Tatum knew it when she saw Paul standing next to Jasper without anger in his face.

"What's going on?" Tatum asks, her heels now in her hands as her sore feet walk her to the otherside of Jasper. "Y'all look grim. Just say it."

"Victoria's back..." Bella states awkwardly, tucking hair behind her ear.

Rosalie, out of no where, places a hand on Tatum's arm out of pity. "She wants you and Bella."

●○●