huit

December 2nd

Tatum had been pushing it off the past 36 hours, but she knew she should decide

Tatum had been pushing it off the past 36 hours, but she knew she should decide. Should she listen to Alec or Jasper? She thought deeply about it. Jasper was the love of her life. Alec was some dude that somehow seemed familiar. So, she did the only reasonable thing possible. She called Georgiana.

"Hello? Katalina Smith on the phone," a voice that definitely not Tatum's best friend said into the phone.

"Katalina? I'm looking for Georgie-" Tatum stops in the middle of her sentence. "Katalina Smith? As in Katalina Smith-Turner? As in Georgiana's wife?"

"Yes...who is this?"

"Tatum Fernsby, ma'am," she says, the Southern word making her think of him.

"Oh, the bestie! Oh my Goddess, I've been meaning to talk to you!" Katalina says excitedly.

"You have?"

"Yeah! I want to formally meet you. Gee's only told me the basics about you, but you seem like a wonderful person," Katalina says into the phone, a slight Irish accent rolling off her tongue.

"Cool! Yeah, that'd be amazing! Anyways, is Georgiana around?" Tatum asks, finally getting to her point.

"Uh, yeah, just give me a second," Katalina says, shuffling around on her side of the phone.

"Tate? What's up, girl?" Georgiana asks from the other side of the phone.

"Do you know who Alec Volturi is?"

"Straight to it, I see. Alex Volturi?" Georgiana asks again, hearing a muffle of agreement from the human. "BABE! Do you know who Alec Volturi is?"

"Alec Volturi is from the 13th century. He has a twin named Jane and the ability to take away anyone and anything's senses. He's apart of the 'vampire police' but doesn't do much," Katalina says from Georgiana's side. "Oh, and he's an epic pain in the ass."

"He kind of started stalking me yesterday. He somehow got my number, told me to leave Forks for a while, and not to visit Jasper this Christmas. He was scarily specific," Tatum says.

"Talk about creepy," Georgiana says.

"Yeah, he also knows about Jasper and I. Should I talk to Jas about it?"

"NO! He'll go all soldier like you said happened earlier," Georgiana says. Tatum can hear Katalina smack Georgiana's arm through the phone.

"Don't listen to her, you better tell him. No matter what, you always have to have that trust in your relationship," Katalina says.

"Thank you, Mrs. Smith-Turner."

"Which one?"

"The smarter one," Tatum jokes.

"I take offense to that," Georgiana scoffs.

"I never said who was the smart one, dumb-ass!" Tatum laughs as Georgiana takes a moment to process things.

"Huh? Oh, shit."

●○●

All she did was sit and wait. Sit on her bed. Wait for his call.

But it didn't come.

Until three in the morning....on a school night.

She wasn't awake when he called the first time. Or the four times after that.

It was after the sixth call that she finally answered.

"Hello?" she croaked out.

"Tatum, you need to get out of Forks. Go somewhere you won't be followed."

"Jasper? What's going on?" she asks, sitting up in her bed and turning on her lamp. She curses mildly when she sees a dark figure leaning on her window sill.

"Tatum! What happened? Tatum? Love, you need to answer me!"

"I'm gonna call you back. Night," Tatum says absentmindedly, hanging up the phone before turning back to the figure. "What are you doing, Alec?"

"Did you know that you drool in your sleep?"

Tatum stares at the English vampire as he stared outside her window at something apparently interesting. She was appalled by the fact that he not only decided to stalk her at school, but he also broke into her room and watched her as she slept.

"Did you know that what you're doing is illegal?" she says to him. He chuckles before finally taking a look at her, with the light on.

"Oh please, I was supposed to be dead eight centuries ago. Breaking and entering is the least of my crimes," Alec says, uncrossing his arms and staring at the phone in her hands. "You're boyfriend's gonna be upset if he finds out I'm here."

"When he finds out, he'll be pissed."

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, I see you haven't heeded my warning yet," Alec says grumpily.

"And you haven't given me a good reason to," Tatum says, glaring at him. Her attitude towards the stupid stalker had gotten sourer by the minute.

"How about the fact that your boyfriend may not be immortal if you don't leave."

"What do you mean?" she asks. Her attitude about Jasper, however, was always loving. Speaking of which, her phone buzzed once more. His contact photo showed up and it rang multiple times. Alec and Tatum just sat there, both staring at the phone. They waited in silence as the phone continued to ring.

"Pick up and ask him. But, then again, his cover would be blown. Wouldn't it?" Alec remarks sassily, getting off the window sill. He sits down at the end of her bed, looking at something behind her. She watches as Alec's face screws together in a worried way before she looks behind to her wall.

There, in black marker, were words that decided to scar her immediately.