trieze

Someone was covering Tatum's mouth with their hand. With their cold hand. She badly wanted to assume who it was but knew better than to possibly give him away. She still struggled not to raise suspicions about it. 

"Please stop elbowing me."

She stopped as he whispered in her ear. The cold arms let her go and she immediately spun around. Tackling him to the ground, she wrapped her arms around his neck. It had been only three months but it was the unexpectation that had her excited. 

She sat up and looked at him dearly. Tatum missed him much more than she had originally thought. She wrapped him in a hug again before nearly crying out his name in joy, "Emmett!"

(oopsie)

"Hey, little tree!" Emmett returned her hug and stood the two of them up. Tatum pulled back from the hug and Emmett took that as his time to lead her somewhere. He grabbed her hand softly and started dragging her to a room. She took that time to realize they were in a hotel. 

Emmett slid the card into the electric slot and opened the door, shoving Tatum inside. He smirked at her confusion and simply whispered, "Rose told me to stay out of here, good luck!"

Then he closed the door. Tatum looked at the door in confusion but then connected the dots. However, she didn't want to get her hopes too far up. She turned towards the rest of the room and saw the curtains blowing from the wind. She slowly crept over towards them and opened the balcony door. No one.

So instead, she closed the door and drew the curtains closed so that they wouldn't blow in the wind anymore. She took a step away before bumping into something. She hesitated as that something radiated cold.

A pale hand reached towards her face and gently lifted her chin to look straight up. She did so and felt his wavy hair tickle her forehead. His eyes connected with hers and he instantly enclosed her in a hug. She turned around in his arms and tightened her arms around his torso.

"Oh how I've missed my cowboy."

Jasper pulls out of the hug with a raised brow. But all emotion in his face dropped except one when she looked up at him. His eyes held absolute admiration. Her smile dropped as they stare into each others' eyes. His voice interrupted their silence. His sultry whisper spoke, "I love you."

She never got to reciprocate her confession, for he had encased her lips in a blushing kiss. (faaaancy, am i right?) His hand held her cheek as she stood on her tippy-toes to match his. Her hands rested on his shoulders and his other free hand held her waist. 

"Jasp-" he stopped her with a small peck. "Jasper, when did you get here? How did you know I'd be here?"

He smirked down at her, "You may not see him anymore, but he's still there."

"Oh my god, way to ruin the mood."

●○●

Tatum was stupid sometimes.

She forgot to tell her dad that she was kept up, so while she was with her love, her dad called her 3 times before she picked up. She started panicking and didn't want to answer so she tossed her phone to Jasper. It was a game of hot potato between the two.

"Tatum Jay, pick up the damn phone before he calls the police!" Jasper whispers before shoving the phone into her hands, accidentally picking up. She freezes. Jasper rolls his eyes with a small hint of a smile before pressing the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" she asks, waiting to get chewed out.

"Why are you in a hotel?"

She was put off. How did he know where she was? "I'm with Miguel, he had some stuff on his laptop but it died so we went to his hotel to grab the charger. We're just about done."

"Okay, just be careful. You know where I am, I know where you are. Alright?"

"Mhm, love you, dad. Bye."

Tatum hangs up the phone and looks at Jasper with heavy eyes. She tosses her phone on the bed and keeps her eyes connected with Jasper's. He was five feet away from her for one second but had his hands hovering over her cheeks the next. His vampiric speed made her flinch a tad. His eyes never left hers. His posture seemed a little stiff but she understood why.

It had been forever since they'd been able to see each other.

Had feelings changed on his side?

Vice versa for her.

"Just as wonderful as the day I left," his hushed voice gave her chills as his cold hands were placed on her face. Her skin developed goose-pimples as he leaned closer and closer to her. His eyes finally disconnected as his gaze lingered to her lips. "Can I kiss you?"

"Ye-"

And he closed the distance with a soft, sweet, and longing kiss.